[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

CBers

No, the official plex kodi addon was built by them from scratch, they hired a couple of kodi devs to create it.

Really? I thought they copied Emby's.

OK, back under my rock :(

sualfred

Fork Kodi, rape its core and replace all database calls with a Emby DB compatible interface, and we don't need any addon to get Emby integrated :) (Plex also started with a Kodi fork)

With the utmost respect to your work on the Emby Theater clients, Kodi is a beast (flexible, fast, etc, best PVR integration, etc.). I use Emby Theater and the WebGui  on my PC, XBone, Android. But on my HTPC, my daily driver? Nope.

But we are going OT.

Edited by sualfred

xnappo

Really? I thought they copied Emby's.

OK, back under my rock :(

It has been back and forth.

We ripped PleXBMC for xmb3c, Plex ripped Emby for Kodi for PlexKodiConnect.  Now Plex has a new addon called Plex for Kodi.  Yeah, we could copy that, but it is more like a separate app launched from Kodi.  I think a skin that 'knows' about EmbyCon but also about native addons is a better direction.  But my days of coding for this are over - for now at least.

• Like 1

sualfred

We can work on adding dynamic content end points for any info you need.

something like this? 

3d5oys0l.png

Based on conditional visiblity (Library.HasContent(%s) and System.HasAddon(embycon)) I could show only the DB, only EmbyCon or both together.

Sadly the Globalsearch script won't work with EmbyCon.
Edited by sualfred

im85288

Feel free to ignore but I feel this way will cause a load of pain in keeping it in sync with both the native kodi database and the embycon addon. I’ve been there before back in the xbmc3 days.

A combination of embycon with skinned windows in the addon (ie like plex for kodi) would be optimal as you control the whole process. If you two could combine it would be awesome, maybe null pointer could do the python and sulafred the skinning.

Regardless the skin is looking great and will give it a try when your completed with teasing us :)

sualfred

I'm with im85288. I would prefer something similar to the official Plex addon. That's cleaner and more user friendly. I have no problem to take care of the skinning part. But if we are going to achieve something like this, we should switch to something like Slack to discuss the details.

But nevertheless, I will integrate some options for EmbyCon :)

sualfred

Let me complete the skin for the common Kodi interface. It's still a long road.

As soon as I'm done we can discuss the missing options of EmbyCon. We would def. need some python scripts to get the cast lists etc (like Marcel's skin.helper.service/.widgets).

Edited by sualfred

im85288

The python to skin part was not that bad when I did it in the next up addon, for example: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/blob/isengard/service.nextup.notification/resources/lib/PostPlayInfo.py shows how the Window Props are set from the item(s) being browsed..the equivalent skin is here: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/blob/isengard/service.nextup.notification/resources/skins/default/1080i/script-nextup-notification-PostPlayInfo.xml

im85288

Strange, I use this:

postPlayPage = PostPlayInfo("script-nextup-notification-PostPlayInfo.xml",

addonSettings.getAddonInfo('path'), "default", "1080i")

And it picks up the 1080 directory corrector

fantasticn

Hi sualfred,

that skin looks amazing!!! Why no posting in the Kodi WIP-section?

I am also using Emby for my mobile devices and Kodi for my media players (Shield TV boxes). Therefore I would love to have some kind of unified interface. However, are you already skinning for Kodi 18 "Leia" or still for Kodi 17 "Krypton"? Though Leia is already running very stable and offers some great advantages, especially for Android users (like Google voice-search and inputstream-plugin) there currently is not much skins available yet. Everybody still is skinning for Krypton.

Can't wait for a release. Keep up the good work!

sualfred

Mainly because it's targeted to Emby users and it's to early to get annoyed by the "any eta??" questions ;)

It's still on Krypton because Leia is too buggy atm. And the Emby addon has no support yet.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 3

Angelblue05

OMG, you cant use includes with addon skins!

Nope. You sure can't and to top it off, you can't control the font either.

sualfred

The Python guys are crying for addon fonts and includes for years. Dunno why this isn't implemented yet. The only way is to add the addon skin files into the active skin directory.

Angelblue05

The Python guys are crying for addon fonts and includes for years. Dunno why this isn't implemented yet. The only way is to add the addon skin files into the active skin directory.

And they would never allow an official add-on to do anything like that.

sualfred

Yeah, the official repo rules... That's another reason why I use my own and the Kodinerds repo.

By the way on the home screen it is my eventual goal to not have any tabs but i just haven't found a new home for favorites yet.

sualfred

Wow that is amazing.

As soon as the painful dialogues and video/music fullscreen windows were finished, it would be awesome. I hate coding those :)

The inconsistency of the way how they are rendered is driving me nuts everytime. Some of them uses grouplist, some containers and some of them are with hardcoded controls with auto/non-auto set labels.

By the way on the home screen it is my eventual goal to not have any tabs but i just haven't found a new home for favorites yet.

You mean the items in the topbar?

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

Dialogs..., I'm not quite sure how to layout the settings dialogs & windows.

So, if anybody has an idea, feel free to give me some input.

qK6uEEKl.png

rnHuoQsl.png

• Like 2

horstepipe

Hey

As the skin is focused on Emby, could you please make sure that covers created by coverart look good in Kodi?

In almost all skins (except for Titan, marcelveldt put in a switchable fix for that) you have unpretty borders behind the covers.

sualfred

Vacation is over and the progress will get slower.

Summary of the last 2 weeks:

@@horstepipe

Don't get what you mean. None of my skins ever had ugly borders.

• Like 4

hstamas

Loks amazing so far!

Just noticing you seem to have live tv and pvr functionality working and I’m wondering how are you accomplishing this? Are you running a 3rd party pvr backend or have you somehow integrated the built in Emby server live tv features into your skin?