[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

• 7 months later...
Lurtz

I wonder that too? It crashes on my raspberry pi 4 running the latest 64bit raspbian and Kodi versions. 

Seger

Leider nicht, zumindest ist mir nichts bekannt. Leider gibt es auch niemanden der es weiter macht :(

• 5 months later...

@AmateurgottI don't think you mean in Kodi right?

Would you like to share your CSS? Is it based on Embuary?

In my opinion, this is the very best skin, which also gives us Emby users the Emby insert in Kodi. It's a pity that there is no one in the community to develop it further.

Best regards

seger

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, is anyone here perhaps also running the skin under the current Kodi version on Windows and seeing broken icons in the settings menu? Under Android and the latest Kodi version it does not occur. Is there anyone who can come up with a fix?

Best regards
Seger

feerlessleadr
16 minutes ago, Teddyknuddel said:

If anyone is interested - I'm currently making a 4K version of the skin.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Awesome to hear. Would love to give it a whirl on my test machine. 

Teddyknuddel
12 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

Awesome to hear. Would love to give it a whirl on my test machine. 

The first version will be released in the next few days. But I'll tell you right away that I don't know anything about programming skins - I've now rummaged through the individual files and changed something where I thought it would work.

In den nächsten Tagen kommt die erste Version. Ich sag Euch aber gleich, von Skin programmieren hab ich an sich null Ahnung - ich hab mich jetzt durch die einzelnen Dateien durchgewühlt und da was geändert, wo ich der Meinung war, dass es passt.

• Like 2

I think it's really strong, I've already tried it, the xml. file to get a different resolution, but then I didn't continue. It's really great that you're taking the plunge. I know you said it and I respect it, but can you maybe have a look at the skin and the settings menu under Windows, as mentioned in my previous post the icons are shot, I assume that the wrong paths are set somewhere there. I have already tried to find them, but unfortunately was not successful. Best success, in my opinion the very best skin in combination with Emby :-). 

Teddyknuddel

I haven't seen any broken icons yet. It wasn't easy to find out the resolution. This is a whole new world for me - until now I've only ever loaded ready-made skins.

Since the EmbyApp is constantly reaching its limits at 4K, the only thing left to make it work properly is Kodi. But that's no fun with a FullHD skin on a 4K TV.

Teddyknuddel

Ok, I have that too so far. But that's less relevant. I think so.

I installed the original Embuary on my Shield in the bedroom, there is still a FullHD TV there, so I have a comparison of what works and what doesn't work. I was already glad that I got the background to 4K. 

Teddyknuddel

As promised, the 4K version of Embuary - and if someone likes, also a 2K version. I'm currently testing the 2K version on my FullHD TV.

Please install the normal version of sualfred first, and then mine. I have found that the icons in the settings menu on the Shield are retained.

Simply install in the addon browser via "Install Zip"

skin.embuary2k-matrix.teddyknuddel.zip skin.embuary4k-matrix.teddyknuddel.zip

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte
4 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said:

It was installed on Kodi Omega alpha1 and beta1 - it will probably also run on beta2.

Beta 2 isn't the problem, it's all the nightly builds after beta2.  Going forward the minimum skinning engine is 5.17 and skins will need to be recompiled to use the new features.  After loading a post Beta 2 nightly it will check your addons for compatibility and will automatically switch back to the default skin if not set to 5.17.

Or, you can fool the system by changing that line below in addons.xml, but the skins won't be able to use the new features until recompiled. 

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23927

Current skin ABI is:

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

Edited by FrostByte

Teddyknuddel

As already mentioned, I have absolutely no idea about programming Kodi or the skins. I changed what I could in terms of resolution, which also took me a few hours to find the relevant places.

If anyone is willing to better optimise this great skin, please go ahead. I cannot and will not stretch myself any further than I can.

If the Android apps worked properly, this work would not be necessary and I would be a paying member again.

Edited by Teddyknuddel

FrostByte

NP.  I don't use the skin myself and people can just use the workaround by editing the addon.xml line if they wish.

Information provided just as a FYI to anyone wanting to get it to work with current nightly builds.

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

NP. Ich verwende den Skin nicht selbst und die Leute können die Problemumgehung einfach nutzen, indem sie die Zeile addon.xml bearbeiten, wenn sie möchten.

Die Informationen dienen nur zur Information für alle, die es mit aktuellen Nightly-Builds zum Laufen bringen möchten.

Hey, thanks for the needed line for the .xml file, I know you don't use the skin but maybe my problem is a standard change that all skins had to go through: 

As you can see, under Windows Kodi the settings menu for this skin is corrupted, the icons are not loaded. The same skin works on Android. I've been looking for the paths for months, but can't find anything. Do you perhaps have a "standard" solution for this as well?

Many thanks even if you can't help.

Best regards

Seger

jluce50

I'm a bit out of the loop. I've stayed on 19.4 Matrix since my understanding was that Embruary had been abandoned and wouldn't work on later versions. Is that still correct or is it safe to update to Nexus?

feerlessleadr
1 hour ago, jluce50 said:

I'm a bit out of the loop. I've stayed on 19.4 Matrix since my understanding was that Embruary had been abandoned and wouldn't work on later versions. Is that still correct or is it safe to update to Nexus?

It works fine all the way up to Omega beta 2 (including nexus).

• Like 2

FrostByte
12 hours ago, Seger said:

Hey, thanks for the needed line for the .xml file, I know you don't use the skin but maybe my problem is a standard change that all skins had to go through: 

As you can see, under Windows Kodi the settings menu for this skin is corrupted, the icons are not loaded. The same skin works on Android. I've been looking for the paths for months, but can't find anything. Do you perhaps have a "standard" solution for this as well?

Many thanks even if you can't help.

Best regards

Seger

Sorry, nothing is coming to mind at the moment.

• 5 weeks later...
TheFreeMan
On 12/15/2023 at 6:29 AM, FrostByte said:

Beta 2 isn't the problem, it's all the nightly builds after beta2.  Going forward the minimum skinning engine is 5.17 and skins will need to be recompiled to use the new features.  After loading a post Beta 2 nightly it will check your addons for compatibility and will automatically switch back to the default skin if not set to 5.17.

Or, you can fool the system by changing that line below in addons.xml, but the skins won't be able to use the new features until recompiled. 

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23927

Current skin ABI is:

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

Would you be so kind as to point me to the location of the file where I will find this line?

I can easily update from there, but I haven't a clue where to find it. I'm running on LibreELEC, if that makes a difference, and looking in /configfiles I see a maze of directories under that.

Teddyknuddel

In the folder where "userdata" is, there is also the "addons" folder - and in this is the folder of the skin, for example "skin.embuary4k-matrix.teddyknuddel" - and there is the file addon.xml

• Like 1