[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Polyzp_emby

This limits the number of items to 25, whereas some of my plugin widgets have much more items and are only sorted alphabetically with no way to customize.

sualfred

@

I've implemented the option to set the common Kodi internal sort methods. Please keep in mind that there is a high chance that the plugin listing doesn't support some options for it. But your requested "random" should always work.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

VaporTrail

I've implemented the option to set the common Kodi internal sort methods. Please keep in mind that there is a high chance that the plugin listing doesn't support some options for it. But your requested "random" should always work.

Very cool, thank you!

I've used 'Recommended' items xml for each custom widget, with the new sort order of 'Random'. I'm not sure if it randomizes new items "in" once recommended items have been played "out", but the library items on my home screen widgets are the same order (don't change) even after reboot.

Am I missing how the process is supposed to work? Thanks!

sualfred

I've pushed another update 1-2 hours after I released this change, because of case sensitive issues. Please update the skin again and reset the sort method again (even if it's still on "random").

Edit:

But wait a few minutes, found another typo.

Edited by sualfred

horstepipe

A picky one :-)

When you open up the favorites window the first time in a session, an empty widget list pops up for 1-2 seconds called ‚favorite episodes‘.

nyplayer

Error while trying to upgrade .....

07:55:52.296 T:197864166640   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fskin.embuary-17.4.7b.zip/
07:55:52.296 T:197864166640   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.embuary]: invalid package special://home/addons/packages/skin.embuary-17.4.7b.zip
  • Like 1

flatline69

@saulfred question for you. With Embuary, I'm trying to help @@Angelblue05 track down an issue I have. I use the Emby for Kodi addon in "addon" mode (this doesn't affect "native" mode) and I keep running into a problem which we're trying to fix but I thought I'd ask here just for my own curiosity.

The problem I'm encountering is when in a library (let's say movies, or tv, etc--from the main page "menu" at the top) and drill into a library. I switched to poster-view (which coincidentally, the family is quite happy with and I get alphabet jump--thanks for that suggestion) I see a page of movies. When I click OK on my remote to watch one, I see a quick spinner (after a second-or-three) and the movie never launches. Log-wise, @@Angelblue05 said it never tries to launch the addon. When I click OK again, it can take up to 3minutes but it will launch the title selected. This can happen even on fresh reboot but usually happens after a while when the box has been on and playing titles for a while.

Now if I do this on a up-next, recently-added or even my custom widgets (which link to the emby addon->recently added-libraryname, for example) it immediately launches, no problems. This is normally how we watch our content. IPTV isn't affected at all.

My question is - from the library view vs widget view, does the process of engaging the emby addon (playback) work differently? @@Angelblue05 had me test using the context menu->play and it worked right away so it got me to wondering where the difference is.

sualfred

The skin is not responsible for it, because I have no control about the onclick options in the library view containers.

I also have the addon playback mode on my dev devices and on my Nvidia Shield test device. No slowness/delay issue at all.

sualfred

No prob, just keep in mind that a skin is just on top of everything. A skinner only has limited control about what is happening in the Kodi core.

VaporTrail

I've pushed another update...Please update the skin again and reset the sort method again (even if it's still on "random").

Thanks, the update works well on my Firestick.  B)

Would be great to know what other cool configs are now possible besides Recommended Items / Random Sort.

Polyzp_emby

This is what im getting as well! perhaps i will try manually downloading it and side loading via SMB.

Error while trying to upgrade .....

07:55:52.296 T:197864166640   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fskin.embuary-17.4.7b.zip/
07:55:52.296 T:197864166640   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.embuary]: invalid package special://home/addons/packages/skin.embuary-17.4.7b.zip

sualfred

Yeah, I don't know why. You have to switch to the Estuary skin temporary to update the skin and then switch back. It's a Windows issue and I have no idea why.

It updated without any problems on the Shield.

Edit:

The issue only appears if you install it from the Emby repo.

My repo is working. Try to manually update the skin from there while I'm investigating the problem.

Edited by sualfred

Polyzp_emby

Will try tonight! Thanks for clearing issue up! Alot of people use the emby beta repo from which they already installed emby.

tchirou

Hi Fred

I decided to install from scratch the leia beta 4

The auto frame rate switching doesn’t work for me

Does it work for you ?

Thanks

Édit : on nvidia shield with arm64-v8a

Edited by tchirou

sualfred

Works. You have to whitelist your allowed resolutions in the expert system settings. 

Edit:

By the way -> Team Kodi recognized that this is not very userfriendly and the old behaviour was restored in the current nightlies:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14701

Edited by sualfred