[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

@@xnappo

@@tealc59

-> Have you tried resetting the main  menu?

-> Have you updated to the latest Emby for Kodi beta?

-> Please go to the xml directory of the skin. Inside of it you will find a file called "custom_text.xml". Open it in a text editor of your choice and replace the "false" in the header part with "true" and save. After that reload the skin and create a screenshot of the now visible overlay. To get rid of that overlay you have to revert your change and reload the skin again.

Edited by sualfred

im85288

Just dropping you a congrats.  This skin is absolutely great - and the EmbyCon integration is awesome.

My family has been using Aeon Nox for 10+ years, and I have now switched them over :)

xnappo

It took some time for you to realise! Yes he’s done an awesome job especially with the EmbyCon integration :)

xnappo

It took some time for you to realise! Yes he’s done an awesome job especially with the EmbyCon integration :)

:D I have been playing with it for a long time, switching things on the family has to be done with extreme caution!

sualfred

I'm using the "eat or die" method. But I guess I only have luck and my girls are just technical open minded ;)

@@tealc59

-> Have you tried resetting the main  menu?

-> Have you updated to the latest Emby for Kodi beta?

-> Please go to the xml directory of the skin. Inside of it you will find a file called "custom_text.xml". Open it in a text editor of your choice and replace the "false" in the header part with "true" and save. After that reload the skin and create a screenshot of the now visible overlay. To get rid of that overlay you have to revert your change and reload the skin again.

Hello sualfred,

> I tried to reset the main menu many times, and Emby database reset 2 times, no luck  :-( 

> I have Emby for Kodi 3.1.17a.  Emby Server is 3.5.0.0  (last Mono version i could find here :  https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases, for now there's no new Emby.Mono release).

(i think it began with one of the last updates)

> i couldn't find any "custom_text.xml" or xml directory  (Emby in Kodi, or on LibreELEC OS), where should it be located ?

Best regards,

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@tealc59

So you still see Mixed, Mixed instead of Mixed (movies), Mixed (tvshows) and still can't access? I fixed it, I am sure of it because I had your issue and it's fixed for me. Do you have auto update on maybe and so it re-downloaded the repo version overwriting the custom build? Anyway, I will push a new build to repo today, then you can confirm.

@@tealc59

It's in /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.embuary-leia/xml

It's a hidden folder and you can access it via sftp.

Hello sualfred, please find attached a screenshot with custom_test.xml enabled.

Best regards

@@tealc59

It's in /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.embuary-leia/xml

It's a hidden folder and you can access it via sftp.

Hello sualfred, please find attached a screenshot with custom_test.xml enabled.

Best regards

post-214753-0-98139700-1537521654_thumb.jpg

sualfred

As I thought.

@@Angelblue05

Mixed content has to be removed from wnodes. It's not supported by the skin and I won't add it because it's impossible for me to implement it correctly.

But for some reasons the artwork values aren't filled for him.

Edited by sualfred

@@tealc59

So you still see Mixed, Mixed instead of Mixed (movies), Mixed (tvshows) and still can't access? I fixed it, I am sure of it because I had your issue and it's fixed for me. Do you have auto update on maybe and so it re-downloaded the repo version overwriting the custom build? Anyway, I will push a new build to repo today, then you can confirm.

I confirm i have auto update, it could be the cause. I will wait you new version. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Angelblue05

@@sualfred

No? Mixed is Mixed (movies) and Mixed (tvshows) which are plain old movie type node and tv show node. It's just there was a typo in the code that was sending the wrong information when creating the wnode for them.

@@tealc59

3.1.18a should be there shortly.

Edited by Angelblue05

sualfred

The reason why the action is not working is because the type is "mixed". 

type:

movies -> use movie widgets and hub

tvshows -> use tvshow widgets and hub

homevideos -> activate picutre window with provided path

books -> activate music window with provided path

mixed -> nothing is going to happen

<!-- emby overrides -->
	<override action="emby0">
		<condition>String.IsEqual(Window(home).Property(emby.wnodes.0.type),tvshows) | String.IsEqual(Window(home).Property(emby.wnodes.0.type),movies)</condition>
		<action>SetProperty(EmbyHubNr,0,home)</action>
		<action>ActivateWindow(1130)</action>
	</override>
		<condition>String.IsEqual(Window(home).Property(emby.wnodes.0.type),homevideos)</condition>
		<action>ActivateWindow(pictures,$INFO[Window(home).Property(emby.wnodes.0.content)],return)</action>
	</override>
		<condition>String.Contains(Window(home).Property(emby.wnodes.0.type),books)</condition>
		<action>ActivateWindow(music,$INFO[Window(home).Property(emby.wnodes.0.content)],return)</action>
	</override>
Edited by sualfred

Angelblue05

No. The reason it was not working is because it was not sending the right information when creating the wnode. It was sending type mixed, instead of type movie and tvshow. You don't need to change anything, 3.1.18a fixes this issue.

Edited by Angelblue05

It seems OK now. Last versions and i see Mixed content working in the skin :-) (still green tiles but all is working).

Thanks a lot

Regards,

• Like 1

xnappo

I know you are going option-lite - so I understand if you say no, but any chance of making:

Embuary_HeaderBar.xml
<param name="auto_hide">true</param>

An option?  We use Kodi as our clock :)

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

sualfred

This would cause overlapping issues in a lot of scenarios.

You always can access the headerbar if you map a button on your remote to trigger the menucontrol. On a keyboard it's the letter "m".

Another option is that I'll add a clock to the shutdown menu (letter "s" on the keyboard).

Edit:

Another idea -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GQ56PXJ/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_bFfbr_cr_x__w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=B2MYAVPJRX28C2803WA2&pf_rd_r=B2MYAVPJRX28C2803WA2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=53232eb1-367e-502a-b63e-c804e5bf2d86&pf_rd_p=53232eb1-367e-502a-b63e-c804e5bf2d86&pf_rd_i=3734871

Just kidding  ;)

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

flatline69

@saulfred given any thought to the alphabet shortcut in slide view? I've got a metric boatload of kids/adult movies (800+) and scrolling while quick still takes a long time to get to the W's or Y's (since the scroll doesn't wrap left/right or up/down.) I'd like to be able to jump to a letter (ideally) and I know you said it's a design issue but was wondering if you had any new thoughts on implementation?

Edited by flatline69

flatline69

Still no idea where to place it, sorry. 

Any possibility of making it a toggable option? I know it doesn't fit the Emby design but having it show up at the top/bottom bar would be handy; disabled by default. Any hard & fast rule that the skin has to absolutely follow the flow of Emby? :) (have to try...)

Wondering if there is a problem with adding android apps to menu?

Can add it but when clicking it nothing happens

Like to add my Netflix to home screen

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

xnappo

Wondering if there is a problem with adding android apps to menu?

Can add it but when clicking it nothing happens

Like to add my Netflix to home screen

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

I did it by adding the app to Favorites, then adding the Favorite to the home screen..