sualfred

Embuary skin

icon.png

Screenshots

Open gallery 

Demonstartion video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G-uDOKsxOQ

Special features

• Fully integrated automatically detection of Emby nodes and multiple library setups
  • Complete native integration of EmbyCon

Supported Kodi versions

• Krypton (not supported anymore but still available on the Emby repo)
  • Leia

Where to get it?

How to support me and the skin?

• Help to translate the skin into your language!
    If you want to translate the skin to any other language, please check this link:
    Translate on TransiFex

• Donations
    Free beer or putting some mone in the tip jar of my daughter is welcome and helps me to stay motivated :)
    Please click here to donate

Requirements

<import addon="script.embuary.helper" version="1.0.9"/>
<import addon="plugin.program.autocompletion" version="1.0.1"/>
<import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="1.0.17"/>
<import addon="resource.images.weathericons.outline-hd" version="0.0.3"/>

Terms of use 
With the installation of the skin you agree that you don't use it in combination with blacklisted and illegal Kodi add-ons. I'm not associated with any available build and I don't give any support for it.

repository.fredsrepo-1.0.5.zip

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

im85288

Not been using Emby for many moons but wanted to say well done....I know it's a lot of work :)

Keep up the good work and looking forward to welcoming you to the kodi skinners club!

• Like 1

xnappo

You may want to talk to @ a bit about potential for this skin combined with EmbyCon - particularly in Kodi 18.  It may be possible to give a much more 'newbie friendly' experience where you simply install your skin and it instantly looks like an Emby client.

We were just talking about that..

Looking good!

Edited by xnappo

sualfred

Not been using Emby for many moons but wanted to say well done....I know it's a lot of work :)

Keep up the good work and looking forward to welcoming you to the kodi skinners club!

Mate, I'm a already a long time member, but thanks. ;) We both already know us from the Kodi board. Just never released my work to the official repo.

You may want to talk to @ a bit about potential for this skin combined with EmbyCon - particularly in Kodi 18.  It may be possible to give a much more 'newbie friendly' experience where you simply install your skin and it instantly looks like an Emby client.

We were just talking about that..

Looking good!

Thanks, but no need for a talk, I'm already planing to integrate it in some ways (eg: home hub).

• Like 1

im85288

Mate, I'm a already a long time member, but thanks. ;) We both already know us from the Kodi board. Just never released my work to the official repo.

Yeah I know the famous FTV Fred edition etc :) I was meaning "official" skinner once you get it into the official repo. Looking good buddy

sualfred

Official repo always means responsibility to keep it updated for a couple of years. I'll see. Maybe this skin will take my Kodi repo virginity :)

• Like 1

im85288

Official repo always means responsibility to keep it updated for a couple of years. I'll see. Maybe this skin will take my Kodi repo virginity :)

Yup - brings pain and more pain!! Lesson learnt  ;)

sualfred

Some new progress

(Don't be irritated by the "lag" at the show Bosch. The artworks weren't cached yet on my dev device)

Edit:

Sorry, for some reasons the video has been blocked by YT. I'm uploading a new one.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

Damn, the radio was still running and I haven't noticed it (muted boxes). Sorry.

Btw:
This video should work (forgot the radio again. YT is going to change the audio track in a few minutes)

https://youtu.be/W-OLVzEBGZE

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

thatoneguy99

Ho ho ho!!

Seriously though it looks really nice. Good work.

Sent from my phone!

Edited by thatoneguy99

Angelblue05

Wow man, good job. 

I dabbled in skinning with Emby for Kodi (initial setup dialogs) - I am not very good at it :P

Edited by Angelblue05

Jdiesel

Someone needs to fork LibreELEC and have this skin and EmbyCon enabled by default in it. EmbyELEC anyone?

• Like 2

sualfred

What you are searching for is a setup wizard build, but ... wizards are not very famous in the Kodi community (banned addon reasons).

And to be honest, I use the Emby for Kodi DB replacement. The addon source method of EmbyCon will need a looooot of skin "hacks" to get it in the same way. I'll see if it's possible.

By the way: Say Hi to video hubs, some new animations and more work progress

https://youtu.be/8O87Ctp11tk

• Like 5

xnappo

And to be honest, I use the Emby for Kodi DB replacement. The addon source method of EmbyCon will need a looooot of skin "hacks" to get it in the same way. I'll see if it's possible.

Not really with skin shortcuts...  Again what I would like to see is partnership with @ where you install this skin, it installs EmbyCon, and the user views are auto-setup to match the other Emby clients.  This is definitely possible without violating any rules - it is what the Plex client does (though in a different way).

sualfred

Not really with skin shortcuts...  Again what I would like to see is partnership with @ where you install this skin, it installs EmbyCon, and the user views are auto-setup to match the other Emby clients.  This is definitely possible without violating any rules - it is what the Plex client does (though in a different way).

The main problem is, that I use a lot of Marcel's skin helper script widgets and some "hacky" values are fetched by hidden smart playlists. If EmbyCon provides me the same dynamic content lists, it should be possible. The biggest part is to combine the output of the local database AND the EmbyCon contents at the same time

But if you are going to do something similar like the Plex client addon. It should be seperated from the active skin. ....why not forking the Plex addon? It's easy to theme the existing addon :) (if the license allows it).

Edited by sualfred

CBers

why not forking the Plex addon? It's easy to theme the existing addon :) (if the license allows it).

That's funny, seeing as Plex ripped off the Emby addon in the first place :D

• Like 2

sualfred

The PlexKodiConnect script? This is a third party addon and a fork of Emby for Kodi, I know :)

I'm talking about this https://kodi.tv/plex-add-on-for-kodi. (There is a free fork of the Plex addon available called "MKPlex")

And this plugin is genius. Never saw such a Kodi addon since years.

We already have the working code base of EmbyCon. All what is missing, is the frontend part as a sperated GUI.

im85288

That's funny, seeing as Plex ripped off the Emby addon in the first place :D

No, the official plex kodi addon was built by them from scratch, they hired a couple of kodi devs to create it.

sualfred

nullpointer has outlined how the EmbyCon addon can be skinned.

EmbyCon cannot be skinned. It just uses the windows of the activated skin. nullpointer outlined how it can be integrated into the home screen by modding the Estuary main skin of Kodi.

The addon has no own skin parts.

Edit:

And that's what I can do with my skin. For example: Integrate the option to activate a "EmbyCon" mode, which replaces all widgets and lists with the EmbyCon sources. 

But that means that the local database would be ignored. 

Edited by sualfred