jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Local time: 05:19 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

Hi,

I have just added a new video to one of my Home Video libraries and for some reason Emby is refusing to generate a thumb image for it. I have tried running numerous library scans from both the individual Library and Scheduled Tasks pages. I have also tried using the Refresh Metadata function with Replace Images selected but it will not generate an image.

Strangely though, It has no problem generating chapter images.

The file is in mpegts format recorded from FTA TV via NextPVR. I have a large number of these videos already in this library and Emby has had no problem with them...

I have attached a server log for a Library Metadata refresh. The file in question is processed at: 2017-08-07 16:00:37.6525

It is but one of many where the Image generator fails.

Any ideas, suggestions?

thks

EDIT: images attached

Attached Files

Edited by jordy, 07 August 2017 - 02:45 AM.

• Oxide likes this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138303 posts
  • Local time: 02:49 PM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:20 AM

Emby is refusing nothing. Windows is refusing Emby access to the drive because it appears to be a mapped network drive and windows will disconnect them during idle periods. 

Try rebooting your machine, and consider redoing your Emby library setup without the use of mapped network drives.

#3 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

Emby is refusing nothing. Windows is refusing Emby access to the drive because it appears to be a mapped network drive and windows will disconnect them during idle periods. 

Try rebooting your machine, and consider redoing your Emby library setup without the use of mapped network drives.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. ALL of my libraries are set up the same way. ALL drives are on the local machine - NO MAPPED DRIVES. ALL Libraries are set up with UNC addresses - see attached. This file is the ONLY one Emby is having or has had trouble with, even in the same Library. In addition, if it is what you say, how come It had no trouble adding chapter images?

EDIT: rebooted the server, re-ran Library Metadata refresh with replace Images checked and still no difference - no image generated for this file.

Attached Files

Edited by jordy, 07 August 2017 - 04:21 AM.

#4 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:04 AM

OK, more info...

I removed and re-added another file from the same library as a test.

After removal I completed a full Library scan and checked that it was no longer displayed.

1. Copied it back in to the same library.
  2. Reran Library scan - file was picked up and added to library but no thumb generated.
  3. Played first few seconds of each affected file to ensure that the drive was available and responding - stats show Transcoding due to incompatible Container, Codecs etc - Its H264, AC3 in a .ts container.
  4. Changed Library setup to generate Chapter images on Library scan
  5. Re-ran Library Scan using the "Scan all Libraries" button on the Libraries page in the Server
  6. Chapter images were generated for both files, but still no thumb images for either file...

Attached Files

Edited by jordy, 07 August 2017 - 05:11 AM.

#5 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

@Luke, could it have something to do with this?

• Support hardware acceleration with image extraction

Previous thumb images in this library were all generated before this change/addition...

EDIT:

For reference

CPU: i7 2700k

Graphics: Asus 4Gb Nvidia 1050ti Strix

System Drive: Samsung EVO 960 SSD

Edited by jordy, 07 August 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#6 Oxide OFFLINE  

Oxide

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 179 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 PM
  • LocationDarkest Africa

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

I'm having the same issue with episode thumbnail creation with the latest beta (3.2.26.16)

Only noticed it as I added a new series for the kids and it refused to created the thumbnails, even tried Refresh Metadata -> Replace existing images at season & episode level

• jordy likes this

#7 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

@Luke, 3.2.26.17 has fixed this issue. Thankyou.

• Oxide likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: image, generate, Home Videos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users