Enigma2 LiveTV Addon required

Viktikus

Viktikus

Hi there.

Just now (feb-2014) I purchased Media Browser Client to my Windows phone 8 and installed the server aswell.

Seems to quite good media system, but it lacks one critical addon.

ENIGMA2 live TV plugin.

Enigma2 (also known as DreamBox) system is a Linux based satellite/terr/cable settopbox. This versatile digibox can offer .ts stream via network and rich EPG via HTTP Api. XboxMediaCenter (on every platform) has Enigma2 plugin already (python) so this can be done.

I truly request that MediaBrowser staff included Enigma2 LiveTV plugin aswell. There are no obstacle because the implementation is already there (xbmc's python version).

Please make this.

:)

Viktikus

Yes, this would be a marvellous idea. Windows Phone devices do not understand rtsp/http or any other similar video delievery systems, hence tailored media systems are reuired.

Windows Phone MediaBrowser Client is nice and costs 4€ that I have paid.

I have also paid for Enigma2 client for WP (DreamWeb TV) that is quite nice but has some problems and dev is too lazy.

The pyhton code is already there that facilitates everyting from EPG download to actual streaming. So This should be quite easy for dedicated Dev and will make this great Frame a lot more attractive.

• Like 1

Viktikus

Do we really have to talk about this now, in this context? Really? The point is that I have invested into this now, hence I'm a entitled to announce my opinion as a paid customer, the tone is different than just using free app. App having more possibilities on usage will mean more users like me paying for this and that  will cumulate more than just 4€. :rolleyes:

swhitmore

Do we really have to talk about this now, in this context? Really? The point is that I have invested into this now, hence I'm a entitled to announce my opinion as a paid customer, the tone is different than just using free app. App having more possibilities on usage will mean more users like me paying for this and that  will cumulate more than just 4€. :rolleyes:

I don't think 4€ entitles you to as much as you think it does. The best tone to use would be grateful and encouraging, rather then a demanding and self entitled. :)

• Like 1

Viktikus

Just drop this, does not contribute anything to this cause.

I am very grateful for all the dev's who are willing doing this. I'm not demanding, just politely asking as said in the preliminary post.

Why you all get overboard with these feelings...

This is techincal, not love related.

im85288

Yes, this would be a marvellous idea. Windows Phone devices do not understand rtsp/http or any other similar video delievery systems, hence tailored media systems are reuired.

Windows Phone MediaBrowser Client is nice and costs 4€ that I have paid.

I have also paid for Enigma2 client for WP (DreamWeb TV) that is quite nice but has some problems and dev is too lazy.

The pyhton code is already there that facilitates everyting from EPG download to actual streaming. So This should be quite easy for dedicated Dev and will make this great Frame a lot more attractive.

I used the enigma2 plugin for xbmc for a while and although it works fairly well it was ultimately no good for every day usage due to having terribly long channel changing time and no support at all for time shift. Although this was not your request, I would encourage you to try out a different live tv backend...for example TVHeadEnd (you can use this with your enigma 2 box if you google). I use that backend now for xbmc, it has FREE clients for iOS (no idea about windows phone) and most importantly supports quick channel changing along with time shift. 

On a separate note, even though something is available in python that does not automatically mean it can be simply "developed" into a media browser plugin. Take the TVHeadEnd case as an example, I'm a developer and that is the backend I would want to use with mediabrowser...however that is not a simple task at all and that is why currently only one live tv backend is supported (WMC).

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

mini__me

You can do this now, although it will be slightly convoluted.

Dreambox -> DVBLogic -> WMC -> ServerWMC -> MB3 Server

That will get you working now, then if someone takes up the challenge to create a direct plugin you can use that instead :)

• Like 1

im85288

You can do this now, although it will be slightly convoluted.

Dreambox -> DVBLogic -> WMC -> ServerWMC -> MB3 Server

That will get you working now, then if someone takes up the challenge to create a direct plugin you can use that instead :)

Sounds interesting...is the step Dreambox -> DVBLogic available for all enigma 2 boxes? e.g. vu solo 2 or something? Does it use virtual adapters for this?

mini__me

Sounds interesting...is the step Dreambox -> DVBLogic available for all enigma 2 boxes? e.g. vu solo 2 or something? Does it use virtual adapters for this?

Check out the DVBLogic forums:

http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewforum.php?f=59&sid=e75c3748c95dd13edee6d4876ba65d9a

There are posts on there from VU users, I have personally used in the past a DM800 and two DM500s with DVBLogic before I went down the DVB-S2 tuner card route.

im85288

Check out the DVBLogic forums:

http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewforum.php?f=59&sid=e75c3748c95dd13edee6d4876ba65d9a

There are posts on there from VU users, I have personally used in the past a DM800 and two DM500s with DVBLogic before I went down the DVB-S2 tuner card route.

Thanks, yeah I did check that out a while back..seems to be limited to the openpli image and from what I remember wouldn't work with the solo 2 last time I tried...and just reading now it appears that performance is not the best.  But at least it is an alternative way :)

• 2 weeks later...
Viktikus

Now that forward/backward skipping is coming, Enigma2 based LiveTV Add on seal the Deal to push MediaBrowser3 as primary MediaHub there is..

So, As I said, XBMC LiveTV VU+ plugin python script is there to study and to see in what manner data can be extarcted from Enigma2 images, is MediaBrowser Addon under investigation atleast?

What technology is AddOns created?   As an Agile projet, sprint 1 might just aim to stream presetted channel from Enigma2 device..... :)

Now that forward/backward skipping is coming, Enigma2 based LiveTV Add on seal the Deal to push MediaBrowser3 as primary MediaHub there is..

So, As I said, XBMC LiveTV VU+ plugin python script is there to study and to see in what manner data can be extarcted from Enigma2 images, is MediaBrowser Addon under investigation atleast?

What technology is AddOns created?   As an Agile projet, sprint 1 might just aim to stream presetted channel from Enigma2 device..... :)

Sounds like a great plan, we just need someone to step up and do the work :)

• Like 1

Viktikus

Sounds like a great plan, we just need someone to step up and do the work :)

Well, as I said, with what technology is Addons done? c# in VS2012? More specs...

swhitmore

Well, as I said, with what technology is Addons done? c# in VS2012? More specs...

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser

Media Browser Server is a home media server built on top of other popular open source technologies such as Service StackjQueryjQuery mobile and Lucene .NET.

It features a REST-based api with built-in documention to facilitate client development. We also have full .net and javascript wrappers around the api.

Viktikus

No... no way for me atleast. I got the source from Git and there is too much to configure first in order to even think on developing Addon for Enigma2 images (I have VU+ device with OpenPLI v4.x).

ALTHOUGH, I can help someone with proper coding & IDE cababilities by giving detailed HTTP API querys & results and even VPN tunnel directly the the Enigma2 itself for testing... Developer is able to actually use my digibox in LAN space..

Edited by Viktikus

Viktikus

.. you to try out a different live tv backend...for example TVHeadEnd (you can use this with your enigma 2 box if you google).

What?  So there is a way to use Enigma2 device for LiveTV with MediaBrowser to my Windows Phone using TVHeadEnd as Addon?

Please tell me more on how to do this! :blink:

What about that XBMC addon? Isn't it suppose to use Xbmc's library as contentView place. If I have there LiveTV enabled to Enigma2? Will this show aswell?

Edited by Viktikus

• 2 weeks later...
im85288

No what I was saying is that you can have the enigma 2 box doing the decoding of the card in association with tvheadend. Then you can use one of the many apps available (tvhclient etc) to watch on an iPhone. No MediaBrowser involvement in that setup though.

Viktikus

No what I was saying is that you can have the enigma 2 box doing the decoding of the card in association with tvheadend. Then you can use one of the many apps available (tvhclient etc) to watch on an iPhone. No MediaBrowser involvement in that setup though.

I'm sorry, but I still do not understand what you are saying...

Enigma2 Box doing decoding of the card..... Enigma2 devices (Dreambox etc.) are digital TV receivers with their own tuners (DVB-T/C/S2) inside. TV channels & EPG can be used & streamed via HTTP-API /Gstreamer..

So ... TVHeadEnd ... card.. .tvhclient . ... I'm confused..  I'm using Windows Phone client against my MediaBrowser3 server...

Edited by Viktikus

im85288

Like I said this does not help with your setup. If you do not understand what I am referring too then it's probably best to look for a simpler solution.

Just one last time the workflow is as follows:

Enigma2 box decodes the card -> TVHeadEnd (with tuners) accesses Enigma2 box for decryption -> XBMC Client (iPad, openelec, osx, windows etc) or TVHClient (iOS) or VLC 

So box as decoder, tvheadend as tv backend (tuners, epg, icons etc) that distributes to any of the clients I mentioned. 

My hope is that someone will get MediaBrowser to work with TVHeadend as currently only a windows live tv backend is available

• 1 month later...
Viktikus

Hi there..

So are there anynone who could take this task?

I did tried to import the whole MediaBrowser3 server into VisualStudio and it was huge, problems to make it run.

Can there be a VMWare image (XP and VSstudio) that can be delieverd.. license, yeah right..

If there could be a "plugin" development set with the dummy service interfacaes to override, developing PlugIn's could be easier..

I would gladly give this a try..

If not, I can provide ALL input data XMLs that can be easely changed to live HttpApi queries..

Enigma2 intergation is sooo easy: basic easy flow is..

1. Query Channels with plain HTTPApi and get XML.

2 Loop channels and Query EPG for everyOne channel. Get XML.

3. Print, produce some thing to print.

# start the stream by calling HTTPApi with channel reference and get the video mpeg2 .ts mux.

Edited by Viktikus

• 9 months later...
CompoUK

I've been working on a Vu+/Enigma2 LiveTV plugin over the last week or so.

If an administrator could give me details of how I can add my plugin to the beta plugin catalogue, I will upload so that it can be tested.

• Like 1