TV Season /Show Downloads

Sketchy

Sketchy

Currently unless I'm missing something, TV shows can only be downloaded on a Per Episode basis so if there are 22 episodes in a season someone has to do 22 individual downloads. It would be great if it was possible to download an entire Season at once as one download.

• Like 1

darkassassin07

The browser based web app only has the option to download on each individual episode, not for whole series/seasons.

However the android app, (and I would imagine other apps as well), do have these options.

Edited by darkassassin07

The browser based web app only has the option to download on each individual episode, not for whole series/seasons.

However the android app, (and I would imagine other apps as well), do have these options.

Yup, that's why I'm asking, thanks :)

It's not easy to do because how would you do it all at once. In order to support any browser it would have to be zipped up and then you'd have to unzip it manually on the other side. But zipping up tens of gigabytes and unzipping might not be feasible. Chrome has a mulit-file download api but it is not universally supported by all browsers.

I would suggest just using the android or windows app if you are on an android or windows device.

• 4 weeks later...
Magic815

+1 to this idea.

All of my users simply use the web player with Emby, and often want to save the files to their PC from the web. I've had multiple people separately ask me how they can download a whole season or whole show. If possible, I'd love to see this incorporated!

darkassassin07

I agree with @@Luke on this one, its not a feasible thing to implement. The only way you could accomplish this really would be starting an individual download for each file which i could see causing quite a few problems like loss of any folder structure/sorting, or browsers attempting to manage all active downloads simultaneously bogging things down on slower clients