Need to transcode ac3 for Chromecast

lol

Hi all,

I use a Chromecast between various TVs in the house, and my son's TV will not play audio when AC3 is being passed through. The other TVs work fine with AC3 so I guess its a limitation of my son's TV.

I've looked for a Chromecast profile in "%AppData%\Roaming\Emby-Server\config\dlna\system" yet cannot find one.

Could someone point me in the right direction to tell Emby to transcode ac3 for Chromecast?

Thanks,

There is no way to configure this right now, but perhaps you can configure this on the TV? Chromecast is telling us that Ac3 is supported which is why we are direct playing it. Perhaps there are audio settings that can be on the TV so that Chromecast will no longer detect Ac3 as supported?

Afraid not. It's a very basic TV. Maybe you could provide me with an override for this ac3 passthru and save me buying a new TV :)

Cheers,

Annoyingly, even connected a sound system (that I know works with AC3) to the TV's SPDIF and AC3 still doesn't get passed through, yet AAC/MP3 works fine.

Would this be due to the TV manufacturer (ALBA) avoiding licence fee's for using Dolby Digital?

I'm not sure but what's happening here is google cast API's are being fooled into thinking your audio equipment supports AC3, so that's why we are sending it AC3.