STRM options for watch status and resume points

ddurdle

ddurdle

Hi there,

I know KODI doesn't handle watch status and resume points for STRM files; it assumes one plays back a HTTP/S stream and not a single movie/tv show.

Some third party plugins manually update the STRM entry in the KODI DB with watch status (playcount) and resume status.

I notice the kodi monitor will pickup playcount status changes and update the watch status in Emby Server.  It doesn't seem to detect resume points though.  Any insight on this?  Is there any method to instruct Emby Server to mark a STRM file as started with a certain % complete? 

I know for real media files, it'll track the % complete.

Angelblue05

It is not possible, strm files do not have a resume point, because Emby doesn't assign a length time (since it's not actually content)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

No. It is not possible. The way the resume point gets created is by providing the playback tick position to the server. Since the logic is handled by Emby, I have no control over this situation. The only way to correct this would be to allow apps to fill in the duration via the api.

horstepipe

The only way to correct this would be to allow apps to fill in the duration via the api.

@@Luke

How much effort would this be? Would you mind implementing it?