FR: Allow modifying of Parental Control ratings

Dibbes

Dibbes

Hi,

I'd like to be able to modify or add terms to the Parental Control ratings. For example, certain older Disney movies are getting the rating of Approved, which is not in the list and I'd like to add this to the Level 1 group.

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 1

Dibbes

That rating is actually coming from Live TV, right?

Not in this case. We're talking about Bluray Rips, for example: Dumbo (There are others as well)

The original USA rating was taken, which was "Approved". The re-rating is "G", but the original was taken... 

Dibbes

Thanks. 

You don't want to think about adding a modify option to the Parental Control page?

darkassassin07

+1

Id really like to be able to modify parental ratings by hand, even manually hide certain items from certain users regardless of rating.

+1

Id really like to be able to modify parental ratings by hand, even manually hide certain items from certain users regardless of rating.

You understand what this topic is about right? You can always edit the parental rating of an individual title using the editing functions we already have.

• 4 weeks later...
PhyberApex

Sorry for capturing this post. I am living in germany and the parental raitings available to me are called "de-x" in germany we have the FSK for parental rating so it is not working at all for me as all my files get the FSK rating but I can not configure this rating...only the "de-x" ratings are available. Am I missing something?

~Cheers

Sorry for capturing this post. I am living in germany and the parental raitings available to me are called "de-x" in germany we have the FSK for parental rating so it is not working at all for me as all my files get the FSK rating but I can not configure this rating...only the "de-x" ratings are available. Am I missing something?

~Cheers

These are the values we have for german, so it looks like we already have FSK.

DE-0,1
FSK-0,1
DE-6,5
FSK-6,5
DE-12,7
FSK-12,7
DE-16,8
FSK-16,8
DE-18,9
FSK-18,9

Why do you think you don't have FSK?

PhyberApex

These are the values we have for german, so it looks like we already have FSK.

DE-0,1
FSK-0,1
DE-6,5
FSK-6,5
DE-12,7
FSK-12,7
DE-16,8
FSK-16,8
DE-18,9
FSK-18,9

Why do you think you don't have FSK?

Well I tested it this weekend with a limited account and it did not work at all. I tried with a limitation of DE-12 and I only got 2 movies shown even tho there are a lot with FSK-6 or below in my library. No tags are forbidden for this user...only thing I could see was that the one that were not shown had FSK rating.

Just checked if I enable "Block content with no or unrecognized rating information" for that library I get the FSK rated ones...but all of them on the restricted account. So it seems like it doesn't recognize FSK for me.

~Cheers

Edited by PhyberApex

PhyberApex

What version of the server are you running?

Version 3.2.30.0 updated today just confirmed that it still the same behaviour

~Cheers

Happy2Play

@@PhyberApex

Does your "ratings-de.txt" file look the same as above?  C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\localization

@@PhyberApex

Does your "ratings-de.txt" file look the same as above?  C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\localization

Ah yes that could be it, thanks.

PhyberApex

@@PhyberApex

It did not. So I just went ahead deleted it and restarted emby-server. Now it looks like that but still same behavior I am running on linux tho.

~Cheers

PhyberApex

I take that back. I had to change the parental control setting again and then it worked. Any idea how this happened?

Thanks for helping me out tho!

~Cheers

Happy2Play

I take that back. I had to change the parental control setting again and then it worked. Any idea how this happened?

Thanks for helping me out tho!

~Cheers

The change awhile back didn't overrite the existing localization files.

• Like 1