Live TV - Channel Grouping or Hiding.

Bamit

I know this has been asked in other areas of the forum in the past, but I have never found any definitive answers to the requests.

I live in a rural area between 3 major cities, each with their own television markets.  My antenna picks up all 3 areas, but not all of the channels very well.

Using NextPVR I am able to "Group" my channels (In my case I group them as Tampa / Orlando / Gainesville) This way I group the channels that come in best.

The other problem is that where I live, English has been pushed aside and there are now dozens of television stations broadcasting in foreign languages.

With NextPVR I can easily hide those channels, but not with Emby.

As a result, with Emby's "On Now" selection, I'll have several Icons showing the same program, with no way of telling which channel they are being broadcast on.

With the "Guide", I can see the channel number, but with the list so long showing channels I'd never watch in the first place, it becomes a bit of a pain to scroll through 90+ channels in the list, when only 30 of them are usable with decent reception.

Marking some as "Favorites" just does not work well as it is a limited solution to the problem.

I know my situation is probably unique, but surely, the ability to Hide or even Group channels can only be a more useful item which I suspect will benefit the majority.

PrincessClevage

I know this has been asked in other areas of the forum in the past, but I have never found any definitive answers to the requests.

I live in a rural area between 3 major cities, each with their own television markets. My antenna picks up all 3 areas, but not all of the channels very well.

Using NextPVR I am able to "Group" my channels (In my case I group them as Tampa / Orlando / Gainesville) This way I group the channels that come in best.

The other problem is that where I live, English has been pushed aside and there are now dozens of television stations broadcasting in foreign languages.

With NextPVR I can easily hide those channels, but not with Emby.

As a result, with Emby's "On Now" selection, I'll have several Icons showing the same program, with no way of telling which channel they are being broadcast on.

With the "Guide", I can see the channel number, but with the list so long showing channels I'd never watch in the first place, it becomes a bit of a pain to scroll through 90+ channels in the list, when only 30 of them are usable with decent reception.

Marking some as "Favorites" just does not work well as it is a limited solution to the problem.

I know my situation is probably unique, but surely, the ability to Hide or even Group channels can only be a more useful item which I suspect will benefit the majority.

I just remove marketing channels from nextpvr settings/channels and this removes them from being displayed in Emby (you need to manually run a tv guide update in emby server/live tv section after the channel deletion in nextpvr) Edited by PrincessClevage

Sven

The option to get the Groups from nextpvr is not yet available...

Also the Emby Interface itself need to be changed for that..

It's something for the future...