Option to share a single movie or show (ShareOne)

damian

damian

Hi All,

I would love the ability to share a single movie or show with someone. Maybe an email could be sent to the person you want to share it to with the URL and a temp username and password. After a certain amount of time the access would be revoked or after the person has watched it.

I know you can share a library but its always awkward when you share a library for someone to use so see a show or movie. Its like OK so you've seen it now I'm going to remove your access because I don't want you mooching off my setup.

Don't know just a thought,

You could call the feature ShareOne or something like that!

Thanks,

Damian

• Like 1

darkassassin07

+1

Share links similar to dropbox would be sweet. Simply create a share link for the item you want, and visiting that link opens the media player and begins playback directly.

Sorry, but this is something we cannot do.  We would be forced out of every app store.

• Like 1

Dibbes

Because then this would become a media and a file-sharing app, without any possible way to check if there is no copyright infringement. Emby could then be considered helping piracy instead of being an media management and entertainment system.

• Like 2

Jdiesel

Although not ideal but you could create a library with only a single movie and share that with a guest account. Once they had watched the one movie there would be no reason for them to continue using the account so you could delete the account.