reset/rescan parental rating

andlo

How do I reset or rescan all movies and set parental rating?

Lots of my movies have no rating or ratings that is different than what is posible to choose from under usersettings "Maximum allowed parental rating"

So I am looking for a way to rescan all labary and set correct parental rating on each movie.

Jdiesel

5980ce6a5f664_Capture.pngYou can scan for new and missing metadata by going to the Metadata Manager, selecting the root library you wish to update, clicking the 3-dot menu in the top right corner, and selecting refresh metadata.

Super - I managed to rescan all movies. But under user I can set parantal rating to DK-7 - I can choose from DK-7, DK-11 and DK-15 or blank.

But lots of movies has parantal rating whith different ratings like P og PG or 15. Those get shown to the user whith parantal rating set to DK-7 :(

How do I map or control parantal ratings whitout going throu all movies and set it manualy ?

You don't have to do that. We do that internally. The reason why you see pg is because that's what we got from the internet metadata.

Yes I understand that the parantal rating on the movies is from the metadata.

What do you mean by you do it internaly?

We have an internal mapping that is used to enforce parental control settings, like max allowed rating for example.

I don't think you have a problem. You just seem to think you have a problem.

Can you please describe your issue in more detail? thanks.

Dibbes

@@Luke, this is exactly the reason I asked for the FR yesterday to make it possible to add to Parental Ratings... As far as I can see, Emby is not mapping DK7 to TV-Y7, nor other local European certifications.

@@Luke, this is exactly the reason I asked for the FR yesterday to make it possible to add to Parental Ratings... As far as I can see, Emby is not mapping DK7 to TV-Y7, nor other local European certifications.

We have a DA-7. We don't have any that start with DK. If you contribute by letting us know exactly what is missing, then everybody benefits from that.

Dibbes

We have a DA-7. We don't have any that start with DK. If you contribute by letting us know exactly what is missing, then everybody benefits from that.

"AL" added to group 1

"AG" added to group 1

"APTA" added to group 1

"Approved" added to group 1 (this you already approved)

Personally I don't have any content with DK rating, I just couldn't find it in Emby.

Edited by Dibbes

Dibbes

"AL" added to group 1 (Netherlands, where I'm from)
"AG" added to group 1 (Romania where my godchildren are from)

"APTA" added to group 1 (Spain, where I live with my family)

When choosing parant control on user I can choose DK-7, but some moves are rated differently - The Hunt for Red October is rated PG, and it is posible to se that for users rated DK-7....

legallink

I think there is a miscommunication here. I believe he is saying that the movie is rated pg and is visible when he sets a parental rating limit of DK-7, when he presumes it shouldn't be visible.

I do not know what country is DK and a simple google search doesn't reveal the answer to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
crusher11
On 8/18/2017 at 1:35 AM, Luke said:

Why is that a problem? Just choose one of those and you'll be fine.

Not everything gets a classification in every country.

Plex allows you to pick multiple ratings jurisdictions in priority order. If no rating is found in the first jurisdiction, it moves to the second, and so on. Emby limits you to one, which is a pain. I have a lot of British stand-up comedy that has no Australian classification, and quite a few films that have no Australian classification. It would be helpful to be able to use the UK classifications in this case.

• 2 years later...
Rumbaar

Sorry to necro this topic, but I'm attempting to just rescan the parental ratings.  But can't seem to find just that option anymore?

I live in Australia and it seems my default pre-EMBY media scrapper cannot find AU based ratings a number of times, so it applies a rating of 'rating' to my media.  This in turn means parental limits do not work for those items (the fact MA, MA15+ & R18+ have wrong ordering for parental internal guides is another story), so I just want to 'new and updates files', for which I'm hoping will correct the ratings for any missing and/or 'rating' assigned media.

Is that possible without a full replace all metadata process?  I cannot use search of missing, as it seems the value 'rating' isn't a missing value to correct.

GrimReaper
16 minutes ago, Rumbaar said:

Is that possible without a full replace all metadata process?

Unfortunately not within Emby, such metadata granulation ain't implemented, you'd have to Replace all. Alternatively, you might use some 3rd-party tool (like this one). 

Edited by GrimReaper