[HELP] Improve my setup

NeauxGeaux

NeauxGeaux

Looking for advice to improve any aspect of my current setup.

iMac

Emby server is running on this OS.

Parallel Desktop (on same iMac) running macOS

• I specifically use this for VPN purposes since I don't want the VPN running on my main OS (or is this something I need to get over and do? would eliminate having to run a VM and clear up some resources).
  • I use Vuze and it's configured to only allow connections on the VPN interface for extra security.
  • Vuze is using the RSS Scanner plugin that takes a feed with all of my tv shows entered on ShowRSS.info. Feed is refreshed every 15 minutes to check for new items.
  • Downloads get moved into an "Uncategorized" folder on my external hard drive which Emby uses for Auto Organization. For movies I have to manually move them into my movie directory.
  • ShowRSS makes it easy for my tv shows, however, adding movies suck when sticking to public trackers. I usually find myself using yify and quality is sub par.

The problem I am having with running this other VM via Parallel Desktop is that I cannot use Sonarr and connect Sonarr to use Vuze on that VM as my download client.  I played around with Sonarr for a little while to see what all it has to offer, and correct me if I am wrong, but it doesn't seem very good unless you are using usenet or private trackers you have access to... ?

Would love to know if there are any areas I could improve, as I've been slowly improving my current setup for about a year, without research  :rolleyes: