Emby smart shortcuts missing some shows

arztonyou

arztonyou

Hello,

I have a minor problem with viewing some Emby TV libraries in Kodi, and I'm not exactly sure if this is a Emby for Kodi addon issue, a Titan skin issue, or a Skin Helper service issue.  

I have different TV libraries set up for the adults, (TV-Dad) and the kids (TV-Kids), and then I also have separate users for the adults and the kids.  The kids only get access to TV-Kids and the adults get access to both TV-Dad and TV-Kids.  I also have a folder of shows that I add to both libraries, so those shows should show up in both libraries.  This works correctly in the Emby web app, Emby Theater, and the EmbyCon addon in Kodi.  However, after setting up the Emby for Kodi addon with the adult user and attempting to use the smart shortcuts within the Titan skin to view these libraries, the shows that should show up in both libraries are missing from the TV-Dad library but appear in the TV-Kids library.      

It's not a huge issue because the adults can still access those shows from either the TV-Kids shortcut or by just viewing all the TV shows.  But I thought I'd ask if it was a known limitation of the smart shortcuts or if they should work as I had intended them to.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Angelblue05

Known limitation. Right now, same tvdb id will get merged in Kodi. It needs to be adjusted to match the webclient. The shows that are common to both libraries, are they pointing to the same folder directory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arztonyou

Yes, both libraries include multiple folders, and the folder that is in common to both libraries is set up using the same network path in each library.

Angelblue05

Why not make a library for your common shows? I have tv shows/kids shows/adult shows. No overlapping content. Anyway, this will be worked on. It's definitely priority to fix tv shows merging when they are not, on the server.

edit: another way to setup your library can be one tv show library, but use rating filters for kids account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

arztonyou

If there isn't a quick fix for this, probably what I will do is make a separate library for the common shows like you suggested.  I just thought I'd check first to see if there was a simple solution since the shows did show up correctly in other clients.

Thanks for the quick response.

Angelblue05

No problem, it will take a little bit to resolve this properly in the code. I'll let you know (well in an announcement) when it's been resolved. Thanks a lot for your patience on this :)