App wont play anything

thinkfastsolu1
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

thinkfastsolu1

okay, i have emby premier, last night the app was working fine, and today it isn't. I open the app, and select a video, if it is a tv series, it just cycles through the episodes without playing anything, if it is a movie, it immediatly closes it after i click it(the video, not the app) I have tried reinstalling it, I have tried deleting my premier key and re-adding it. i rebooted the server, restarted the emby server app, checked all network settings, yet still nothing. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? and why all of a sudden is it not working? help me out please.

Hi there, we're very sorry to hear about this and we'd like to help you resolve it. Can you please attach the emby server log? you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

If any ffmpeg logs were generated during the time of playback, please attach those as well. Thanks.

thinkfastsolu1

attached log. it was in the android app, but i couldn't find that log, so i copied the server log

Hi, where did you attach it? The server log is actually what I would like you're correct. I may eventually ask for the android app log so if you already have that handy you may as well attach it too. Thanks.

Ok this is actually just the ffmpeg log. Can you attach the emby server log as well? it will be in the same folder. Also, please attach it in it's original plain text format rather than in .rtf, because rtf requires special software to view properly. thanks !

• Solution

However, having said that, I'm going to take a guess at what I think the issue might be.

Your media is on a Z: drive, right? Is this a network attached drive? It looks like windows has disconnected that drive, which it will often do automatically during periods of idle activity. I think this the reason for the problem.

We strongly advise against using mapped drives, and instead just add the original network path to emby server. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• Like 1

thinkfastsolu1

my media is a few drives in a freenas server and i cannot put them all into the same server, as my emby server is in a VM that is in a blade, that has too few drive bays, and is 2.5 drives instead of 3.5. so what is my best option? i know this probably isnt the place for that....

thinkfastsolu1

and it works just fine on the emby theater desktop application. i dont know if i originally stated that 

thinkfastsolu1

Ah, i didn't realize i had that option! i got it working with that fix, thank you very much!