Bug - incorrect media played / crash

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

I was browsing movies, opened the details of one movie then selected another movie from "more like this". I then pressed the back button on my phone returning to the first movie. When I pressed play emby switched to its media player loaded for 2seconds then presented me with a black screen with controls over it, However the name of the movie displayed was the second movie from "more like this". The movie controls were unresponsive then when I pressed the back button in the top left the app closed.

Most recent logs attached.

daffb3a3-2e9e-4431-a849-4cdf5eeb1979.log

47cafd00-fbc0-4eb1-b7eb-49f13141a845.log

darkassassin07

Further attempts showed the same thing just without crashing (being served the wrong media which doesn't load). Then I tried just playing something immediately to find the same problem.

This only went away with a full restart of my phone. Now it is back to normal, I can browse anything I like, look through "more like this" and play media just fine.

Attached is the server log.

server-63636799815.txt

darkassassin07

I just had a similar problem happen:

Tried to play a movie that was part of a collection, the media player loaded with the wrong movie title and no working media. Then pressing the back button in-app results in the app closing.

Most other media plays fine.

Heres another Android log and a server log

97e78f3d-1917-4bfa-a3f2-4a42ca701e1e.log

server-63636969600.txt

darkassassin07

Restarting my phone has not corrected this one, and i can only replicate it with this video so far:

Media Info

Video

Codec H264

Codec tagavc1

AVC Yes

Profile High

Level 40

Resolution 1280x544

Aspect ratio 2.35:1

Anamorphic No

Interlaced No

Framerate 23.9760246

Bitrate 842 kbps

Bit depth 8 bit

Pixel format yuv420p

Ref frames 1

NAL 4

Audio

Language und

Codec AAC

Codec tag mp4a

Profile LC

Layout stereo

Channels 2 ch

Bitrate 94 kbps

Sample rate 48000 Hz

Default Yes

Title Und AAC stereo Default

Subtitle

Language eng

Codec SRT

Default No

Forced No

External Yes

Title Eng

Container mp4

This only happens in the app. The browser plays this movie just fine.

Edited by darkassassin07

• 2 weeks later...
bardmaster

I had something similar happen:  I started one video and the screen went black and it started another video in my library.  What's interesting is this only happened when I had my Android tablet connected to a TV by HDMI cable; when I tried playing without the cable attached it replayed the correct video just fine.

I was on vacation trying to play a movie for my kids in the hotel room.  I switched to Plex (which runs on my same server) and it worked fine.  I will try to recreate this incident on my TV at home...

bardmaster

Sounds like cinema mode.

OMG I think you're right! :{ I turned that on to try it out and totally forgot. Thanks @@Luke!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback.

Going forward, how do we prevent you from assuming something is wrong? Should we just not offer cinema mode?

bardmaster

Thanks for the feedback.

Going forward, how do we prevent you from assuming something is wrong? Should we just not offer cinema mode?

Ouch. Although I deserve that @@Luke, and I will work on not assuming something is wrong before doing more research, I've found enough confirmed bugs and flaws to warrant some degree of doubt in the Emby build - particularly the apps and add-ons.

But I don't want to waste your time so again will certainly work on restraint.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sorry it wasn't directed to you personally. It was a curious, legit question because that type of thing does come up with cinema mode more often than you probably think.

bardmaster

Sorry it wasn't directed to you personally. It was a curious, legit question because that type of thing does come up with cinema mode more often than you probably think.

Oh OK - I haven't actually used it yet, which is why I thought something was amiss. I'll let you know if I have any feedback!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

darkassassin07

After pressing play on one movie, the media player opened with the controls up and the title of the wrong movie, it did not actually play the movie though, just a black screen and lockup then crash when I press the back button

*crash meaning the app closes it self

Edited by darkassassin07

Sounds like cinema mode, although the app crash on back button is obviously something we need to look into.

darkassassin07

Well another thing to note, i have had cinema mode on since i got premier a month a go, and installed the trailers pluggin ect.

I have never once had a trailer play befor a movie.

I have double and Triple checked those settings, no luck