Flat EHS "Collection" Icons

yardameus

yardameus

Made a few "flat" or metro type neutral EHS collection or folder icons.  Figured I'd share...

Update: 

Here's a quick overview of the available images.

536fa7514ee10_flatcontact.jpg

53099f623dd03_folder.png53099f9521f27_folder.png

53099f8485113_folder.png53099fa9902b4_folder.png

53099fbc9650f_folder.png53099fd2077df_folder.png

And here's an up to date zip, also including a simple psd if you want to make your own.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59y782tyauwofth/Flat%20EHS.zip?dl=0

Edited by yardameus
  • Like 14

• 1 month later...
Starlionblue

I really like these for MBT! I'd like to make a request though as I have more folders.

- Children's movies/TV

- Family movies/TV

- Standup comedy - just a mike stand perhaps

- Home movies

- Documentaries

- Music videos - MTV is nice but I think my kids are too young to get the reference! :)

- Miniseries

- Music - Sheet music iconography perhaps. Or a speaker.

- Anime

Edited by Starlionblue

Starlionblue

Those are fantastic. Thanks so much for the hard work. I like these because they fit in so well with the Media Browser Theater aesthetic.  :D

I had a think about anime, documentaries and some others.

Edited by Starlionblue
  • Like 1

Starlionblue

My mind is officially blown. They are wonderful and I love them.  :wub: 

Thank you again for the hard work. You have saved the aesthetics of this home's entertainment.

Here's what the web interface looks like.

533390a714d58_Webinterface.jpg

Here's what Media Browser Theater looks like. It seems to soften the edges a bit but I think that is an artifact of scaling up their size.

533390c974f3f_MBT.jpg

• Like 1

yardameus

Awesome, glad I could help.  Let me know if you need tweaks or something else.

Starlionblue

I just feel a bit shy asking and then you go and do all this work.  :unsure:

But since you're asking, the only one that isn't quite perfect is the Documentaries one. I think just the globe without the rectangle. If the globe could be tilted a bit I think even better. Like this, perhaps. Or maybe a wireframe with continents.

Another option is to do a simple montage with a spiral galaxy and a leaping tiger or something. But I think that might become too muddle for this style.

yardameus

That's why I asked.  I was wondering about that as well.  If I'm gonna do all this for you, it's not much more to get it right, right?

53339ae91a3d3_documentaries2.png

• Like 1

Starlionblue

Fair point!  :)  And I hope I'm not the only one who will use these!

I like the new one. Very nice. Can you try without the circle? Just the continents?

I did think of colors. Having different color versions. But I don't think it would work since the general background is always black. White on black gives them a nice free floating feel without a frame. If Media Browser Theater allowed different color schemes, which I suppose it may in the future, things would of course change. But right now this is the way to go.

Edited by Starlionblue

yardameus

Personally, I like it better with the circle, but I'll let you judge.  Slimmed down the outline, maybe it's a little better.  For this look, I prefer monochrome.  Mainly, the "flat" effect of it is almost more about the simplicity of it.  I guess if they were all blue or all red, it may still have that effect, but varying the colors within the grouping would look cheap.  Doesn't mean another similar style with a different aesthetic wouldn't work.

5333a43bcc318_documentaries3.png5333a445df847_documentaries4.png

deanhatescoffee

Way to be, OP! These are awesome. Have you thought about making an icon for "Collections" in general, to use with the Auto Box Sets plugin?  Not sure what the icon would show... maybe four aces, or a bunch of shot glasses?  I dunno, this is your forté, not mine.  :)

deanhatescoffee

As an aside to @@Starlionblue, I see that your MB Theater has Movies, TV, and Folders; my MB Theater has Movies, Apps, and Folders.  How'd you get TV there?  I have live TV set up and can watch it through the web but I read that the TV functionality hadn't been added into anything else yet, just the web interface for now.

Starlionblue

I love both the new globe ones, but I think I prefer the one without a circle. I'll try them out for a bit and see which one I like best.

As an aside to @@Starlionblue, I see that your MB Theater has Movies, TV, and Folders; my MB Theater has Movies, Apps, and Folders.  How'd you get TV there?  I have live TV set up and can watch it through the web but I read that the TV functionality hadn't been added into anything else yet, just the web interface for now.

It came up because of my TV Shows. That's where they go.  There's no TV functionality per se.

Way to be, OP! These are awesome. Have you thought about making an icon for "Collections" in general, to use with the Auto Box Sets plugin?  Not sure what the icon would show... maybe four aces, or a bunch of shot glasses?  I dunno, this is your forté, not mine.   :)

Collections could also be something like box of reels, or like this MB icon, or a bookshelf full of movies, or a big box set.

Come to think about it I'm inspired by the Pirates of the Carribean chest. A closed chest?

Starlionblue

For this look, I prefer monochrome.  Mainly, the "flat" effect of it is almost more about the simplicity of it.  I guess if they were all blue or all red, it may still have that effect, but varying the colors within the grouping would look cheap. 

I agree that monochrome is better. I think the Windows 8 Metro look is not very stylish. If the buttons were all the same color, and a more muted color at that, it would be much nicer.

As I see it, and this is just my personal taste, the buttons should all be the same and muted. I really like black but if MBT and the web interface some day gain the ability to change background color to, say, a very dark blue, I would like the buttons to be in that same color.

Some sort of brushed metal look, perhaps with "indented" icons, might also be cool.

Starlionblue

By the way, could you please do a version of the Anime one that has only one, larger, centered eye? Perhaps the one on the left (right eye).

Thx in advance!

• Like 1

deanhatescoffee

I like the closed chest idea for a Collections icon. I'm using the Box Set icon for now. I would love to see these in different colors - blue and green especially - and if users want to mix and match, they can just mix up what they want.

deanhatescoffee

Oh, good idea. Maybe a pair of old 3D glasses for that one. It might be cool to make that icon the only one with different colors, with one blue and one red lens on the glasses.

Starlionblue

Oh, good idea. Maybe a pair of old 3D glasses for that one. It might be cool to make that icon the only one with different colors, with one blue and one red lens on the glasses.

My name is Starlionblue and I approve of this message. However I would also like a monochrome version.