Emby Theater Won't Load on Windows 7 Machine

Dizzy49
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

Dizzy49

I've tried a few times to get Emby Theater to run on my HTPC.  It's never worked.  I admit that I didn't really try hard previously since Kodi is the main app that we use on the HTPC for our videos.  Now I am trying to get rid of Kodi and migrate to Emby as much as I can.

My HTPC is running Windows 7 with all updates on an i3-3225 with 4GB of Ram, and HD Graphics 4000.

I have removed and reinstalled Emby Theater a few times now.  I continue to have the same problems I did a ways back.

1) When I try to load Emby Theater it appears to start minimized:

post-72758-0-49104400-1501222337_thumb.png

2) When I click on the icon in the Taskbar, it comes up and looks odd:

post-72758-0-44117200-1501222371_thumb.png

3) It seems as if I click in the black area it actually does stuff.  I clicked and the theme song came up for one of my anime series.  I clicked the upper left and it went back.  I could not ever get it to go full screen.

4) I double clicked a few times and it ended up like the screenshot below.  If I bring up other screens and they overlap, they stick in the window.

post-72758-0-12140700-1501222365_thumb.png

5) ONCE, when I was copying the screenshot into Paint, when I minimized paint the Emby Theater window had shown up, and looked normal.  I closed it to see if I just wasn't waiting long enough or something, but I could never reproduce.

Any ideas?  If I use Chrome, I can access it that way just fine, but I'd rather use Emby theater.

Dizzy49

Thanks CBers, that got me fixed up!  I actually saw that after I posted mine and was going to try that, but then completely forgot :P

From Luke's reply in the other thread:

FYI, I just did a Search in the file for the "//app.disableHardware"

can you locate this folder on your system?

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\electronapp

That's what it would look like on windows 10. On older versions of windows it may vary slightly. I'd like you to try something. Open up the main.js file, locate line 649, and change it from

//app.disableHardwareAcceleration();

to 

app.disableHardwareAcceleration();
Edited by Dizzy49
  • Like 1