Chromecast Ultra stop streaming after 10 minutes

Barlog9511

We temporarily paused automatic updates. What you can do is just run the installer from the website on top of your existing installation. Thanks.

Saltyzip

We temporarily paused automatic updates. What you can do is just run the installer from the website on top of your existing installation. Thanks.

Ahh ok - I hadn't realised my Version 3.2.36.0 was out of date as emby dashboard, says it is up to date. I'll download new version manually now as got sidetracked a little earlier with a new hamster joining the family.

Saltyzip

Ok, so I am now running Emby Version 3.2.50.0 - I will re-run the earlier test now.

Also the chromecast firmware version I'm running is 1.29.104827

Saltyzip

Exact same issue again at the 22 min mark, running latest emby server.

Anything else you need from me?

I am trying to make available a 30 min sample of this blu-ray to aid your debugging, although it's 5 gig so not so easy to share, perhaps you have an ftp site I can upload it too?

I probably should test the issue is replicated with the sample file too.

ffmpeg-remux-903e2b99-7a25-4189-b128-a6e162678bdd.txt

server-63649316073.txt

yea, dropbox or google drive would be great. just be sure to confirm that the issue also happens with the sample. thanks.

Saltyzip

A bit horse before cart, but I've just tested the sample and it went straight through, played all 30 mins on the Chromecast. Not sure if you can learn anything from that.

Edited by Saltyzip

Barlog9511

A bit horse before cart, but I've just tested the sample and it went straight through, played all 30 mins on the Chromecast. Not sure if you can learn anything from that.

Hi, do you use subtitles?

Saltyzip

Hi, do you use subtitles?

Not on this movie, and it's direct playing which is correct.

I've copied movie file to a sample library folder monitored by emby and have the same issue. I'm not sure how many movies of mine suffer the same issue with emby, as I am still mostly using plex, still contemplating the switch.

I'll try and upload the full movie to google drive and share it via private PM, hope that is ok, if not let me know.

Edited by Saltyzip

Saltyzip

Hi Luke, I've just private messaged you the link to the movie file for testing the 22 minute stopping issue on my chromecast v2.

Hope it helps you reproduce the issue and move forward to provide a fix.

Thanks

S.

Edited by Saltyzip

Saltyzip

Same issue I'm afraid Luke, stopped at 22 minutes like before.

Did you download the movie and test in house?

Edited by Saltyzip

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tested again recently? I've had your sample video playing for 22 minutes and counting, and no problems. I made sure to select the same audio track you had selected in your previously supplied log file.

5a4dcdfc0ca03_Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...

That's fine. That's the latest stable. We're about to release a new stable so please try that once available. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize but i've tried your test media and haven't reproduced. i wonder if it's related to your ffmpeg build because on freebsd we don't bundle it inside the package, therefore we're at the mercy of whatever version is installed on your system.

Saltyzip

I'm running emby on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials. I assumed emby installed ffmpeg, is that not a valid assumption?

The same server has Plex installed and VLC player too.

Sorry I had forgotten. This topic is in the FreeBSD section so it was just an assumption on my part.