Getting Emby Addon to work with Emby Server on Openmediavault

elsmandino

elsmandino

I have successfully been using the Emby addon (with a number of RPis) for years, with Emby Server installed on a Windows 10 server.

I took the decision to use Openmediavault for my server instead, but now cannot see any of the media in Kodi.

I am very much a Linux beginner, so I cannot really begin to tell where the problem lies.

Here is what I have done so far:

Installed Emby via these instructions (there is an Emby plugin, but this is not operational yet):

https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Aemby&package=emby-server

I then added the TV Show folder that is on my server - Emby immediately added a few extra files to the folder, so it is scraping correctly.

I then changed the configuration settings in the Kodi Addon and it welcomed me with my name and said that sync had completed.

It is usually, at this point, that the TV Show node should then appear in Kodi but it did not.

I tried going into the Video node on Kodi, clicking on Emby and then on TV Shows - nothing is there.

What do you think I am doing wrong?

Edited by elsmandino

Hi, so you're saying browsing with Kodi is empty? Is that right? What about browsing with the Emby web app? How does that compare? thanks.

elsmandino

Hi Luke,

I can see/stream/resume the videos with no problem at all from a browser on my Linux laptop.

I have then tried installing Kodi on the same laptop, with the Emby plugi,n and the same thing happens as with the Raspberry PIs - nothing is showing up.

Edited by elsmandino

Angelblue05

@@elsmandino

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

I should have been more precise. Your log is not set properly. Disable Kodi debug. Go to the Emby for kodi add-on settings > advanced > set log level to debug. Then press ok. This time, launch the Emby for Kodi add-on, you'll see a bit lower in the list, manual sync. Select it, wait for it to finish, then provide your Kodi log. Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05