Remote messaging, not working

sfnetwork

sfnetwork

I'm not sure if I had to do something or misunderstood but messaging to Roku doesn't seem to work for me...

Testing sending remote message from Web dashboard to Roku idled in Emby home screen

vaise

not long on one test, tested to my daghter in her room, she never mentioned a message, she would have been in for ages.

I will retest today when back from work.

Same here. No messages from either the emby messages plugin or dashboad active devices "text bubble" button when using the app. No matter where you try in the app no messages appear.

@@ebr are you intercept both sendString and displayMessage? sendString appears abandoned/orphaned/unused nowadays, go figure, so I updated blueneon to use displayMessage too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

@@ebr are you intercept both sendString and displayMessage? sendString appears abandoned/orphaned/unused nowadays, go figure, so I updated blueneon to use displayMessage too.

SendString is intended for remote text input.  Like if you were using a remote device to fill in a text field.  It shouldn't result in a message.  I'm not sure it has been implemented anywhere.

Oh, my... I accidentally left a debugger breakpoint in that logic.

I would suggest not trying it a bunch of times as it will be stranding threads :).