Emby on PS3 from WAN

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Is it possible to browse and play my emby media on a Playstation 3 that is not on my local network? As far as I can tell casting via dlna seems to be the only way, and that's local only...

Note: I have no access to any network configuration on the external network, only the ps3 itself and access to the wifi

mastrmind11

Is it possible to browse and play my emby media on a Playstation 3 that is not on my local network? As far as I can tell casting via dlna seems to be the only way, and that's local only...

Note: I have no access to any network configuration on the external network, only the ps3 itself and access to the wifi

Doesn't the P3 have a web browser?

darkassassin07

It does, however emby does not load on it, you get a lovely black webpage with nothing else on it.

naf623

Try reloading a few times, I've found that when accessing outside of my home network it sometimes takes a few goes to get started. There does seem to be an issue with the PS4 browser where some UI elements don't appear visually, but are still there functionally. Perhaps the same things is exaggerated in the PS3's older browser?