[feature request] disable camera upload

darkassassin07

• 3 months later...
Blaqwolf

Luke, before you make any more great additions to Emby apps or Server would you please fix the camera uploads library creation problem and set a global and per user disable for camera upload ON the SERVER side? please, pretty please?

I am constantly having to delete extra libraries while waiting for the fix....

Thanks

Changes to this I'd like to see.

Server option to enable/disable the feature per user added to Feature Access just like Live TV access.

A slightly different storage method so it's /Camera Upload/UserName/Device ID

This way the user can view any pictures of theirs from any device but not other peoples pictures.

I'd not want to be responsible for little Sarah seeing Uncle Tom's junk :)

• Like 1

neik
5 hours ago, cayars said:

A slightly different storage method so it's /Camera Upload/UserName/Device ID

That's what the available setting "Create a subfolder for each device" is for, isn't it?

• 2 months later...
Baracuda2

I've recently been deciding on a permanent switch to Emby from Plex. I have subscribed for two months  and one of the deciding factors is Camera Upload.

While it does indeed upload my pics, I cannot tell it which folders to look in. I, like many only want it to upload the pictures.  Another benefit of this would also be that it will no longer matter that the app dumps all pictures from the device into 1 folder, losing the folder structure on the phone. (this last bit I understand may not be in the scope of your app).

I have reading many threads this but still have no idea if this is being worked on . Had seen posts from at least a year ago mentioning it would be added.

Thanks and I apologize if I am beating a dead horse.   (btw, Plex's camera  upload lets you chose which folders on the phone to upload, but doing it automatically is still broken. heh)

You could try the Android Mobile Beta app as this feature is there. So it'll be in the next release version.

Baracuda2
21 hours ago, cayars said:

You could try the Android Mobile Beta app as this feature is there. So it'll be in the next release version.

I will look into how to get beta version.

Thank you.

P.S.  I had to wipe the apps data, re-login and the new options are there and it works!!! WooHoo. Guess I will be buying that annual Premium License and wasted $5 retesting Plex. haha.

Thanks again!!

Edited by Baracuda2
  • Like 1

Don't look at it as wasted money.  Think of it as improving your decision. LOL

Glad it's working for you you!

Baracuda2
Just now, cayars said:

Don't look at it as wasted money.  Think of it as improving your decision. LOL

Glad it's working for you you!

Thanks. My current month subscription ends in a week and then it is at least an annual membership.

• Like 1

Server side disable/enable camera upload for individual users (or per device even) is a HUGE must have. I have people enabling it on their devices and all of a sudden I'm getting bombarded with photos and videos I don't want and have no way of controlling.

Thank you

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, 0plus6 said:

Server side disable/enable camera upload for individual users (or per device even) is a HUGE must have. I have people enabling it on their devices and all of a sudden I'm getting bombarded with photos and videos I don't want and have no way of controlling.

Thank you

You really need to add this function in the server settings to block the addition of photos from the camera!

Thank you

• Like 1

Baracuda2
1 minute ago, JukeBoX said:

You really need to add this function in the server settings to block the addition of photos from the camera!

Thank you

The beta client for android lets you specify only the folders you want to be uploaded. Now it kicksa$$

1 hour ago, Baracuda2 said:

The beta client for android lets you specify only the folders you want to be uploaded. Now it kicksa$$

You must be able to completely disable this option from the server so that it does not appear on the clients ...

2 hours ago, JukeBoX said:

You must be able to completely disable this option from the server so that it does not appear on the clients ...

Hi, yes it's planned for the future. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
rechigo

This has been marked "in-progress" for a very long time, but it has still not been implemented. It is important to be able to disable camera uploading not on a global level, but on a user level so that I can only allow me and my mom access to it. Any updates on when we can see this implemented?

Edited by rechigo
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
Shadowking

It was a surprise this morning when I saw that my disk space was almost full, to find out after looking after the causes that my sister had inadvertly created her own library (she doesn't have any admin rights) in internal docker volumes with a two-years pack of pictures and videos. Hopefully I'll tell her to unckeck camera uploading, but we really need a way to disable this feature server-side.

Edited by Shadowking

11 hours ago, Shadowking said:

It was a surprise this morning when I saw that my disk space was almost full, to find out after looking after the causes that my sister had inadvertly created her own library (she doesn't have any admin rights) in internal docker volumes with a two-years pack of pictures and videos. Hopefully I'll tell her to unckeck camera uploading, but we really need a way to disable this feature server-side.

Hi, yes this is something that we will be adding. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

yup still waiting for these people to get off ass to do something.   I paid for the one time pass.  Starting to regret that option now. 

• Agree 1