@Angelblue

I am having problems with the lastest version of Kodi-Client:

Setup:

- Emby Server V 3.2.20.0

- Kodi V 17.3 - Krypton

- latest Kodi-Client

- Addon mode, direct stream music lib

Problem:

After a fresh install of Kodi and Kodi-Emby-Client I did a initial sync. Under "music"-> "albums" I dont see the tracks of the album. All Albums are empty.

If I got to "music" -> "songs" I see all songs with correct metatdata.

-> I did a "repair local database (force update all content). After that everthing was ok. I could go to "music" -> "albums" and I had all my tracks in the albums.

-> After a restart and automatic sync the tracks within the albums have disappeared again.... very frustrating.

-> It happens with 95% of the albums but not with all of them. The sources are all the same format, on the same server etc... no difference.

Any Ideas?

Here is my log-file:

***removed***

With older versions I never had this problem. Can you provide a link to an older version?

Thank you

Edited by acnp77

acnp77

i my original resquest i did follow your guidelines and provided everthing you asked, including logfile.

if you need more infomation let me know, thank you

Edited by acnp77

Angelblue05

Requests dependency is probably the issue here. Follow the steps here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Emby-Repository

Once you add the source, go to install from zip > newly added emby source > public testing > dependencies and install requests. Then try to install the addon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

acnp77

great, thank you.

update:

The Kodi-Addon doesnt seem to be the problem:

I tried kodi V 15.2 and Kodi-Emby-client V 2.3.48 and everthing is ok.

But I really would like to use Kodi V 17

Edited by acnp77

Angelblue05

The addon is not the issue directly. But something in Kodi 17 is causing the requests dependency not to install (doesn't effect everyone, so I can't tell what's the issue). So once you install it, the emby addon should install too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acnp77

thanks a lot for the info.

The installation worked.

But the original issue remains. The addon works with kodi V15 but with Kodi V17.3 I have the issue mentioned in my original post.

The only solution I have is to stay with Kodi V15.

EDIT:

Is there a way to install Estuary on Kodi V15?

Edited by acnp77

Angelblue05

@@acnp77

Is there a way to install Estuary on Kodi V15?

No.

I see your music artist being removed in your log. How big is your music library? Do you have your server log from the same timeframe as your Kodi log? If you search for this "emby/Artists" in your server log, do you find anything? Let me know what you find.

Edited by Angelblue05

acnp77

Thanks for your reply:

- My music lib has 342 Albums (or 4425 songs)

- My server log's last entry is 26 day back. no idea why. I will try to provide kodi.log and server.log of the same timeframe...

Cheers

Angelblue05

When it runs a manual sync, it compares the content from Kodi, to Emby. It feels like Emby is not returning most artists causing them to be removed in Kodi. The question is why is this happening? I don't see any timeout in the Kodi log.

acnp77

thanks for your effort, I can see it must be difficult to isolate the problem.

I will try to provide the server log's too.

What I can say for now is that the exact same kodi-addon version (2.3.48) works perfectly on kodi v15.x. But it causes this weird behavior on kodi V17.3

I will try to get more information on this...

What I dont understand is that when I do a local db repair it gets erverything right. But then on the automatic sync it starts removing tracks from the albums...

Cheers

Angelblue05

If you mean when you start up Kodi, then it's running a manual sync in your case, so you can just refer to my post :P When it removes an artist, it removes albums and tracks from the artist.

• Like 1

acnp77

Most probably you are right ;)

Weird thing though: The album is not removed. Just the tracks. I can see the album with its title and cover, but it is empty. No tracks.

Even weirder:

- v 2.3.48: Initial sync (meaning the first complete sync) has no tracks in the albums. After db repair the tracks are all here. After reboot the tracks are gone.

- v 2.3.2:  Initial sync (meaning the first complete sync) has all the tracks in the albums. No db repair necessary. After reboot the tracks are gone.

Only solution that I have is to use Kodi v15.x .(

Cheers

Edited by acnp77

acnp77

I got the log files:

I restarted kodi to get a new log file and then did a local db repair for the music lib. After that the music library is OK. (meaning I have all my tracks in the albums)

Here is the log:

***removed***

Then is restarted kodi again, and waited for the manual sync to complete. After manual sync completed all my tracks within the albums were gone.

Here is the log:

***removed***

Here is the server-log covering the timeframe of both kodi-logs:

***removed***

My main question is: Why does a db-repair fix the library and a manual sync breaks it again?

CHEERS

Edited by acnp77

Angelblue05

Do you have two music libraries in Emby? I think I see something in logs.

Edit: I see this music library: 7e64e319657a9516ec78490da03edccb and this one: f4ba705da17d529023129be40ab43efa

The f4... is used during the repair sync, and then the 76.. is used for the manual sync. (or vice versa, it's hard to tell without emby for kodi log set to debug). Anyway, I'll let you know if I find something, but tell me if you do have two music libraries.

Edited by Angelblue05

acnp77

thank you for your message :)

Yes, I have two music librarys. One for music and one for audio books.

Cheers

EDIT:

- the db repair fixes both lib's and the manual sync brakes both lib's

- the addon works fine for both lib's with kodi v15.x

- I could try to change the music lib for audio books to "home videos" to prevent it from syncing and see if it resolves the problem.

- If it helps I can get the debug-mode log for you.

Edited by acnp77
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

The debug mode for a manual sync would be great. Thanks. No need to change your audiobook library.

acnp77

I did a db-repair and then restarted to create a new log-file in debug-mode for the manual-sync:

***removed***

CHEERS

Edited by acnp77
  • Like 1