ET can't see video options in settings

timmo65
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

timmo65

Hello,

I think this might a be a quick one and a dumb question but I can't see the video or player options under Emby Theater or any of the apps or web interface. I'm looking under settings/playback/general and I have a limited set of options - just  audio tracks max streaming bitrate skip and a couple more. I am a long time kodi user and wanted to have a look at ET and try the madvr or mpv video settings but I'm stuck before I start. I am on windows 10 and I have read some earlier posts about desktop window manager needs to be running dwm.exe which I dont have and as far as I know isn't in windows 10 ??

Can anyone please enlighten me ?

Thanks

Martin

• Solution

What edition of emby theater did you install? Make sure to use the desktop version from the website. Thanks.

• Like 1

timmo65

I used the one from the windows app store - the servers says its .... Windows Emby Theater 1.1.139.0  -  I didn't realise there was a difference. I will check for another desktop version when i get in later

Thanks

Thanks yea the store is using the native windows 10 video player and therefore doesn't come with too many options.

timmo65

That's got it thanks for the guidance. Now to have a look at the options. I was reading about the death of and resurrection of madvr and the preference for MPV, is that still the case and would you recommend staying with MPV, I have to say I did find it quite complex to get it right with kodi and dsplayer.

MPV will just work out of the box and performs better. The MadVr option is there if you want it but will require more powerful hardware. Also because it depends on windows components it is more susceptible to failure based on whatever else might be happening with your system. Try it out and see which one you prefer. Thanks.