Allow user comments on media

Untoten

Untoten

It would be cool to allow Emby server users to comment what they think about a media piece.  This could be shown on the top portion of a media info's page.  Perhaps right under description, to encourage more user engagement.

• Like 31

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes this would be a great feature Untoten. To be honest even a star rating to get some feedback from users / family members.

I'm sure the devs have countless things to plug and refactor without adding features but it would be great.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
makarai

+1 for a plugin where users can comment and rate movies and share their thoughts with the server userbase.

• Like 1

fu11circ1e

This would be a great feature, but you will get the few spoiling it for everyone else, with false reviews, cursing etc. The moderation of these user comments would be a mamoth task.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

informaweb
very much expected for me, I even made a new topic for that because I had not seen it. Still waiting while it has been requested since 2017.

It would be convenient to be able to share your experience with other users. They can know if the media is good or not.

We can also see a rating system from 1 to 5 for example (with stars maybe): Incredible, good, not bad, bad, big shit ;-)

and a space to give his opinion, not obligatory.

makarai

I agree, or integrate a spoiler tag in the comments, thought i think comments are great, it might be too much.

zoqask

Ok I will hop on this thread again. A star rating would be good with the username beside it and the avatar. Then on the front page a list of movies and the recent starred movies. At least this way users logging in might become aware of content they may have never seen due to age or not having talked about it.

That would be great. It would then negate the talk about foul language etc from implementing comments. For small to medium family installs this would good. Granted you may have a user low starring things but such is life.

This would be a great feature, but you will get the few spoiling it for everyone else, with false reviews, cursing etc. The moderation of these user comments would be a mamoth task.

I'd assume a user would have to be granted access to input reviews.  So if you have a "nasty" user or someone who is abusing the feature you could remove access to it or the system in general. :)

I can't help wonder how you would show this information or how users would enter this info.  In reality it probably wouldn't get a lot of use as I doubt people would try typing in messages from most devices.  Web & mobile would be the likely easy way to input this info.

Now if you aren't talking about allowing text input but only a rating then this would be usable on every platform.  You could do a  5 star rating or rate the movie/show on a scale of 1 to 10 or similar that would be easy to do via remote.  Then we only need enough space on the movie/show for the USER RATING: XX

Add a filter for user rating and/or a hub for last Y movies over X rating and it just became even more usable as well.

CarlosLima

Yes this would be a great feature Untoten. To be honest even a star rating to get some feedback from users / family members.

I'm sure the devs have countless things to plug and refactor without adding features but it would be great.

+1

laie_techie

I would think it would be limited to comments made in your own installation, so I don't think moderating would be a mammoth task (how many users do you have?).

makarai

Ok I will hop on this thread again. A star rating would be good with the username beside it and the avatar. Then on the front page a list of movies and the recent starred movies. At least this way users logging in might become aware of content they may have never seen due to age or not having talked about it.

That would be great. It would then negate the talk about foul language etc from implementing comments. For small to medium family installs this would good. Granted you may have a user low starring things but such is life.

Completely agree! 

fu11circ1e

I would think it would be limited to comments made in your own installation, so I don't think moderating would be a mammoth task (how many users do you have?).

I misunderstood, i was thinking of the full emby community as a whole.

runtimesandbox

If this does get added, please add an option to disable it globally for those of us that don't want this.

I like the idea of the user star rating

unisoft

Going back to the first post, don't understand this unless you have 100's/1000's of users.

Emby is for consuming media in my house, so the idea of trying to enter a review into a tv screen using a remote control wouldn't be used and speech recognition is disabled because of privacy.

If you were itunes doing rentals or sales, then a user community with feedback would be logical or if the app was like iTunes and used on a  computer.

Surely Emby's primary use is on mobiles, and televisions? I'd rather see a bunch of other fixes and features implemented personally as I don't think this is a quick job to do.

A simple star rating would work, but again in an average family house, how many people???

Edited by unisoft
  • Like 1