Live TV Beta

ebr

adrianwi

For me, the most important aspect of a Live TV service is the guide. The guide, with Schedules Direct, data in the web app works really well and if I'm sat at my desk I will often use Emby for watching Live TV. If I'm in the lounge with the aTV, even if I was using Emby to watch something, I'd drop out to the menu and use the Channels App for Live TV simply because of the guide.

Sorry if that's a little harsh, but it's the reality for me. Until there is a useable guide on aTV I'm not going to be using Emby for Live TV.

shawn.holmes

Okay, the main difference between the two is that the web app is converting the AC3 audio to mp3 while the Apple TV is converting it to AAC (either should work theoretically). The errors I saw were related to audio encoding.

Have you done anything special with your installation of ffmpeg with relation to AAC or audio encoders?

No - ffmpeg is the default. I downloaded it and have been using it without any modifications.

• Like 1

shawn.holmes

No - ffmpeg is the default. I downloaded it and have been using it without any modifications.

I changed versions of ffmpeg (to 3.4) and now playback on AppleTV (4th gen) and AppleTV 4K are good. No stuttering or out-of-sync audio.

I will test for a while longer and the post the logs.

• Like 1