Folder view for "Unset (mixed content)"

mrbrahman

mrbrahman

I'm trying to setup Emby plugin for Kodi to view my home videos, and setup the folder in the library as "Unset (mixed content)".

While the Emby UI (on the browser) shows the folders nicely, I'm not able to see the folders in Kodi (using Emby plugin). The Kodi plugin shows all the videos flattened out under the top folder. I used the instructions in kodi wiki to setup the Emby plugin, and use the default skin (Estuary for Kodi 17.3)

Any pointers on how to view all the sub-folders in Kodi?

Thank you!

Angelblue05

Each emby item in your library (except for music) is tagged with the Emby library name it belongs to. You can either point your home shortcuts to the video nodes Emby created (under Videos) or you can make your own smart playlists using the tag name to filter the content.

mrbrahman

Thanks for your reply!

I'm very new to both kodi and emby, so didn't really understand how to go about the suggestions :-( Sorry

Can you kindly elaborate (possibly with screenshots)? Thank you!

Angelblue05

Sure!

Here you go. To see the video nodes, kodi home menu > videos > emby. You can point directly to them on your home menu, or create a refined playlist and point to that instead. Still under videos, you'll find playlists > create smart playlists. You'll understand with the screenshots, even if it's not the same skin. Let us know if you need more help.

Creating a playlist

Pointing to a premade video node

Edited by Angelblue05

mrbrahman

Thanks again for your kind reply. Wasn't able to get to it till today. I now understood the essence of what you're trying to do with the screenshots provided.

I use the default skin, and looks like those options are not available (or hidden somewhere else). However, even if I change the skin, I'm not sure if that will achieve what I'm trying to do. I should have better explained myself before (with screenshots) :-)

So, here goes...

Folder view problem

As you can see, Emby on browser shows the folder structure just fine. However when using the Kodi plugin, it gets squished. I can't really make a video node for each of the folders as there are many many sub folders. In the homepage, I'm okay to see whatever default is shown (as I would mostly only use the Now Playing list). But at least under Videos -> Emby  -> ... , I would like to see the full folder structure, so I can pick and play the exact video that I'm looking for.

Thank you!

Angelblue05

Ah I see what you mean. 

In recordings, does it show cd2.mp4 or nothing at all?

What is the content type of your folder? Right now mixed content is only setup for tv shows and movies. If the content type is anything other, it will not show up. Maybe what you need is content library Home videos? Then I believe it might fix your issue. Try creating a Home video library and adding one element, see if you can see/play with Emby for Kodi.

mrbrahman

If I click Recordings, it immediately starts playing cd2.mp4 - probably because there is that only one file in that sub folder.

Okay, I removed the earlier Library in Emby, and added a new one with type "Home videos & photos". Again, Emby (browser) shows it fine.

However, Kodi plugin doesn't show the video at all!

Screenshots here.

Interesting to note that the earlier "Dance Videos" Library setup did not go away in Kodi (it doesn't show any files though)

Angelblue05

Hmmm strange. Can you try the following: Launch the emby for kodi addon > Refresh video nodes and playlists. Then try accessing home videos again, does it change anything?

Angelblue05

Ok thanks. I'll look into it and let you know once I got something for you to test. Thanks for your patience :)

• Like 1