Guest account not visible

76pfred

76pfred

Hi, all.

A few weeks ago I added a work colleague (Mr. X) as a guest, but he does not show up in my list of users/guests.

I never received a pending invitation notification or invitation accepted notification, despite Mr. X receiving & accepting the invite. I've got 2 other guests that show up on the user/guest page as you would expect.

Mr. X has normal guest access to my server & I can see what he's accessing/watching on the dashboard page. I waited for a couple of server updates & re-sent an invite in the hope that I could re-add him, but he never received the invite (because he'd already previously accepted??).

In the grand scheme of things it's not such a big deal. My only problem with this scenario is that because he's not a visible guest, I can't modify/delete his account (not that I necessarily want to).

I'm using Version 3.2.25.0 on a Synology DS 1815+ (DSM 5.2-5967 Update 4)

Mr. X is accessing my server via PS4 app & iPhone app.

Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

Fred.

Edit: apologies, can a Mod. please move this to the Synology sub-forum.

Edited by 76pfred

Are you sure he's signed in with Emby Connect? It sounds like he is probably signed in with one of your local users on your Emby Server.

76pfred

Hi, Luke.

I added him like as I have previous guests: I selected 'add guest', entered his Emby username, clicked 'send invitation'.

I appreciate your assistance.

he should check his spam folder. also he can always sign into app.emby.media and view his invites on the select server screen.

It appears to me everything is working fine as far as i can tell. click on embysvr. what value is entered into the emby username or email field?

76pfred

what value is entered into the emby username or email field?

Mr. X!

How do you think I managed to stuff this up?

It looks like you linked your administrator user to his Emby Connect account. What you want to do is clear out that value, and then use the Guest feature to send him a new invitation.