Sequential Video.TS Folder/File Playback

Nisten
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Nisten

I've ripped some old cartoon series several years ago by extracting the videoTS folders straight from the DVDs but when I attempt to play them, I get unspecified errors (not timeout related) after about half way through the first episode of a multi episode videoTS folder. Later I found that it would start playing a different vob file or would play the vob file out of sequence which would cause playback to error out. 

About two years ago, I started transmuxing DVDs to MKVs for compatibility sake but i've been avoiding trying to do that with the videoTS folders as i have about 80-100 of those for a total of 5-8 cartoon series. 

Is a feature like this possible in the least? 

Edited by Nisten

You can play these in our htpc apps such as emby for WMC, emby for Kodi, and emby theater.

In all other apps it is only expiremental. For best results consider converting to plain video files. Let us know if this answers your question. Thanks !

Nisten

Thanks!, It partially answers my question.

For the other part, my family mainly uses rokus for Emby so I was wondering if there were any plans to add this to the feature set of non-htpc apps or if its even a viable/feasible request?

• Solution

ffmpeg does not have native support for these kinds of folders so that makes it unlikely we will pursue them any further than we already have. If this were 2010 when demand for folder rip playback was very high, then we might invest the resources to find a way to make it happen. But nowdays many users are seeing the light and enjoying the benefits of converting to video files.