How On Earth Do I Delete Shows?

scotsman
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

scotsman

I just want to delete a few TV series that I no longer want to keep. How do I do it? I've read about editing the xml files, which I have done, but from where does this enable me to delete shows from? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Google has little information. It can't be that hard surely?

Thanks

Deihmos

Mbc has an option to enable deleting in advance options. There is no need to edit the xml anymore. Best method is to delete the file or folder.

I'm not sure what would be "cleaner" than simply removing the files or folders from your file system using normal file system tools (the same way you put them there).  But, the next server will have delete capability in the metadata editor.  

scotsman

I'm not sure what would be "cleaner" than simply removing the files or folders from your file system using normal file system tools (the same way you put them there).  But, the next server will have delete capability in the metadata editor.  

I just wasn't sure how the server would react to the missing files/folders. Would it need a rescan? Or will it be hapy as is, and not show the empty folders in MBC?

Why would you have empty folders?  If you want to remove a show, remove the whole folder for that show.  The server will see the change and update itself.

Or, when you say "show" do you really mean "a single episode of a show"?  If so, that can be done inside of MBC.

saitoh183

when in the Metadata editor, if you hit the Delete, it will delete the movie and the folder. Now is there a way to just delete the DB entry? I ask cuz i had the movie Taken and i noticed that it was label the wrong year and MB scanned it in as Taken for the night (2009). So what would be the method of removing the entry from the DB if i fix the year on my folder and files? Will MB scan in the newly renamed folder and automatically remove the old one ?

Edited by saitoh183

Koleckai Silvestri

I just wasn't sure how the server would react to the missing files/folders. Would it need a rescan? Or will it be hapy as is, and not show the empty folders in MBC?

It is very graceful. After a couple minutes, the item just disappears from the server and clients. Sometimes sooner.

Koleckai Silvestri

when in the Metadata editor, if you hit the Delete, it will delete the movie and the folder. Now is there a way to just delete the DB entry? I ask cuz i had the movie Taken and i noticed that it was label the wrong year and MB scanned it in as Taken for the night (2009). So what would be the method of removing the entry from the DB if i fix the year on my folder and files? Will MB scan in the newly renamed folder and automatically remove the old one ?

If you move or rename the folder, the file watchers will simply update the server and the old non-existent item will disappear.

If your item is scanned incorrectly, just remove the fetcher ID's and replace with the proper ones. Save and refetch. The server will fix the issue.

saitoh183

If you move or rename the folder, the file watchers will simply update the server and the old non-existent item will disappear.

If your item is scanned incorrectly, just remove the fetcher ID's and replace with the proper ones. Save and refetch. The server will fix the issue.

which Fetcher ID?

Koleckai Silvestri

If you look at the metadata, there will be IDs for IMDB, TMDB or TheTVDB websites. Those fetcher IDs. You can find the proper one looking at the URLs for the item on their respective site. Just need one and the system will fill the others in as needed. I typically go to TMDB.org.

saitoh183

If you look at the metadata, there will be IDs for IMDB, TMDB or TheTVDB websites. Those fetcher IDs. You can find the proper one looking at the URLs for the item on their respective site. Just need one and the system will fill the others in as needed. I typically go to TMDB.org.

ah ok...but what if i changed the actual file and folder name to the proper year. You cant modify that in the metadata window (Path field)

Koleckai Silvestri

ah ok...but what if i changed the actual file and folder name to the proper year. You cant modify that in the metadata window (Path field)

Either way works... you don't actually need the year in your folder path. It just helps with identification.

saitoh183

Either way works... you don't actually need the year in your folder path. It just helps with identification.

yeah i know you dont need the year but i have yet to see a scanner not make a mistake without the year...

• 2 years later...
  • Solution

Hi, we have delete functions in the Emby Web interface. Just click the 3-dot menu that you see all throughout the UI, and when it expand, select the Delete option.

Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• 3 months later...
WannaTheater

Has the delete function been removed?  I do not see a delete option in the 3-dot menu for an individual movie... or any way to delete anywhere (other than REMOVE media libraries) within the web interface (... I thoughteven in advanced settings).

I am running v3.2.7.0 on Windows 10.

Has the delete function been removed?  I do not see a delete option in the 3-dot menu for an individual movie... or any way to delete anywhere (other than REMOVE media libraries) within the web interface (... I thoughteven in advanced settings).

I am running v3.2.7.0 on Windows 10.

Make sure the Emby user has the Delete privilege.