WOL Magic Packet?

MEB

Theater is not sending magic packet to my server, how can I get this enabled?

Never mind, I had the setting to only allow Magic Packet and I could wake it with an android app but not Emby. So I checked the mobo settings and there was a WOL setting. After turning that on and turning off the Only Magic Packet setting I could wake with Emby. Problem is when I had the Mobo setting off and Magic packet setting off when i slept the computer it would wake instantly. My guess is that Emby dont use the feature that is allowed in the apps. I wonder if adding settings for Magic Packet that we can tweak to ensure compatibility like the apps have.

Edited by MEB

It's a great idea for the future, thanks !

Nope, still a problem

Without having the "only allow a magic packet to wake computer" setting on the computer randomly wakes and powercfg -lastwake command says its from the network interface. Im assuming there is some network interference causing the nic to wake the computer. So emby needs to work with the magic packets like the WOL apps.

596fc21ae49c0_Capture.png

Did you actually read my response?

Yes, for adding options it is a future thing, but for now the wol feature seems to be broken. Im trying to save power by allowing my 10 drive system to sleep, this really needs to work. I would think Intel NICs which are in a majority of hardware it would work.

Where do you see a WOL feature, and therefore, if you can't find any WOL feature, then how can you possibly conclude that something is broken? thanks !

• 5 weeks later...
daveyravey1972

Any idea when Emby will be able to wake the server using a magic packet? Im using Emby almost exclusively now that Madvr is back however one item that is missing (that the competition does) is wake the server on command.

I hate the fact that my server needs to be on 24/7. Jriver can do it from the app and any client....

• 6 months later...

The next update to the Emby Theater Windows Store app will have Wake on LAN. You'll be able to wake a server from the server selection screen. Just click on a server as usual, and you'll see "Wake On LAN" as one of the options in the menu for that server.

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...
daveyravey1972

Hello Emby Team

Any idea when WOL will be implemented into Emby for Windows desktop?

Thanks

PrincessClevage

It's planned for the future, thanks.

Tested this from Xbox one using ET and works well, thanks! Edited by PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

Glad to hear it, thanks !

Any reason no option to automate this for a specific server upon launch of ET client?
  • Like 1

WilhelmStroker

Any reason no option to automate this for a specific server upon launch of ET client?

That's a great idea.