Sound notification for Emby Messages

Kurosh

Kurosh

Hi,

I'm not sure if this already exists as it's such an easy and perhaps obvious thing to do and surprised it may not yet be implemented but I cannot see the setting anywhere...

Is there a way to produce a sound on the Emby clients when they receive an Emby Server message? So many times I've sent a message that has briefly popped up and gone unnoticed as people were't looking at the screen at the time or were too engrossed in what they were watching and didn't notice it. It would be such an improvement to allow you to set up a notification sound for when a message is received, is there a way to do this or would this be a feature request?

Cheers for the great product nonetheless,

Kurosh

Edited by Kurosh
  • Like 3

Untoten

Maybe as a toggle option, but personally, I know my users would become incredibly irritated if there were random dings during playback that played over the audio.

• Like 1

Kurosh

Certainly agree as a toggle option but so often they go unnoticed it's almost pointless having the messaging functionality.

darkassassin07

Possibly have an option in the send message dialog to add sound or even make the message pause playback and pop up requiring acknowledgement.

-my 2 cents

chef

Possibly have an option in the send message dialog to add sound or even make the message pause playback and pop up requiring acknowledgement.

-my 2 cents

The messages plugin will pause playback when a message is sent... As an option.

• 3 weeks later...
Kurosh

Hi, is there any ambition or desire to add a toggle sound notification to the built in Emby Server Message functionality?

We are monitoring for support.  If you support the request, please hit the "like" button on the first post. Thanks.

• Like 1

Kurosh

FIVE people (including myself who cannot "like" my own post) now like / support this and counting.  How many "likes" would you like to see? :)

Edited by Kurosh