No subtitles IOS App but ok with Web Interface

thibaut129

thibaut129

Hi,

I have a little problem. When I watch a movie  with Emby app I have a choice for subtitles but no subtitle appear when I choose. But when I see the same movie with a web interface (with safari on my phone) the subtitle works.

Do you have any idea ? 

Thanks 

server-63636019200.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-7bd6ab73-8a70-4c32-9934-da3c32921df4.txt

Not sure. I have been testing subtitles quite a bit recently and haven't seen any problems. Can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks !

Before doing so though please try that same video in the app a second time. Thanks.

thibaut129

Ok after some tests with other movies I have this bug only with my iPad (iOS 9.3.5) with my iPhone this is work (iOS 10.3.2)

Yes I recall this for iOS 9. It is due to an some defect. It is possible for us to work around it, but have you considered moving to iOS 10? It is at nearly 90 percent market share now.

• 7 months later...
partimers

Sorry to bump an old topic, but is this supposed to be fixed now? I have tested some movies on my old iPad Mini (iOS 9) and no subtitles (they work ok on the webapp and on my Android TV app).

Sorry to bump an old topic, but is this supposed to be fixed now? I have tested some movies on my old iPad Mini (iOS 9) and no subtitles (they work ok on the webapp and on my Android TV app).

hi @@partimers, yes this is resolved. We're sorry to hear about your issue. Can we look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
thibaut129

Bug not resolve for me. 

I am waiting the next version 

Thank you for your work Luke

Edited by thibaut129

• 1 month later...

Emby for iOS 1.5 has been released with the new video player, wake on lan, and more. Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...
feilonguu

The Emby for iOS 1.5 still have this bug  (iOS 9.3.3) ,and the safari browser still cannot display Chinese subtitles when playing the same movieChinese subtitles can be displayed in the chrome browser.

I will be waiting the next version.

The Emby for iOS 1.5 still have this bug  (iOS 9.3.3) ,and the safari browser still cannot display Chinese subtitles when playing the same movieChinese subtitles can be displayed in the chrome browser.

I will be waiting the next version.

Are you not able to update iOS?