Emby Theater Windows 10 app High Ram Usage

Icedming87

Icedming87

Hello everyone. Starting about a week ago any movie I Direct play on my windows 10 Machine through the Emby Theater Application runs the Ram usage so high that the movie pauses and the computer becomes useless. It only has 4 Gig of Ram, but does Emby really require that? I have tested 1080P no CC, 720P no CC, and 480P no cc. I have also tested all 3 with 5.1 DTS, 5.1 AAC, 5.1 AC3. I have verified that it is Direct Stream and it's not Transcoding anything. The same movies work fine through WMP when access over DLNA. They also work fine on my Android tablet, Roku, and AndroidTv Emby Application. It however does not work with the Emby theater app on the Win 10 Machine, nor my Xbox One. 

I can attach logs if anybody would like to help. I could not find anything when I went thru them. But any help would be greatly appreciated.   

Guest asrequested

Are you using the store app on your windows 10 machine, or the desktop app from the emby site?

It sounds like the desktop app. I guess I just want to know what settings are not on default.

Icedming87

Its the Theater App installed from the Windows store. There are not many settings to configure within the Application. The desktop app seems to work just fine. The Sound however causes it to transcode and sounds like a Kindergarten Talent show.

post-146818-0-24917300-1500320902_thumb.png

Edited by Icedming87