FR: Server - Option to disable music support

SikSlayer

SikSlayer

Whenever I log into the server, I have this big empty black box because I don't use MB3 for music.

Now, MB3 has support for music playback and all, and I'm trust very much that its fine but I'm not concerned with that. I have my own solutions I use.

But whenever I log in to pick something to watch, I have to see this big empty black box, and that shouldn't be. I think something as simple as not showing music if none has been added to the library would be enough.

SikSlayer

it only shows if there are songs or music videos in your library 

There aren't. Only movies and tv shows.

SikSlayer

well investigate.  i promise you'll find a music screen that displays some content

That's what finally had me posting about this. I click it and get nothing.

Koleckai Silvestri

If you have any folders marked as "Mixed" media type, I would check it for files that could be confused as songs.

If you are seeing this section, you have something in your library that we think is music.

Good to know, does MB3 have an option not to create the Music Collection even though some mp3 files may be sprinkled inside, let's say a Movies or TV folder?

If you have any folders marked as "Mixed" media type, I would check it for files that could be confused as songs.

I don't have any folders marked as "Mixed", just "Movies" and "TV Shows".

Koleckai Silvestri

Good to know, does MB3 have an option not to create the Music Collection even though some mp3 files may be sprinkled inside, let's say a Movies or TV folder?

As far as I can tell if it finds Music, it will create the Music View. Only exception is theme.mp3 for the various theme songs for television series.

SikSlayer

What it turned out to be was a have a secondary audio track for a film in mp3 format.

I've since made an MKV out of the whole thing, but still it'd be nice if I could just disable music support wholesale.