Unwatched only showing latest added

Icepick

Icepick

Hello

For some reason the main screen when set to unwatched only shows latest added and not what's episode is next.

So for example the TV show Arrow. I'm up to S04E16 now, ever unwatched only shows the last 5 episodes of season 5.

Around a year ago I didn't have this problem. I just put up with it so far but it annoying.

I am using the chocolate theme but the same problem in happens in the classic theme.

Any info would be great

Thanks

Can you post a couple screenshots to explain what you are seeing?

Thanks.

Icepick

As you can see in this screen shot I'm up to S04E16

596791f1d19af_Image1.png

You can see it's only showing 5 episodes on the main screen, which is ok if they are then next to watch.

5967922e33a9c_Image3.png

How ever they aren't. AS you can see they are the last 5 episodes of season 5.

596792790d5e7_Image4.png

This means every time I want to watch the next episode of Arrow I need to go to TV show > series > Arrow. The episodes on the main screen are useless.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the pictures.

Probably what is happening here is just the sheer volume of unwatched episodes on your system is causing the app to hit it's limit of how many it will show.

You can try editing your common configuration xml and raising the RecentItemContainerCount (or something like that).  However, this will bring with it a performance impact.

Icepick

I already know about the limit but way is it showing the last episodes when there are episodes before them? If there is only room for 5 episodes of arrow to show in the main screen, shouldn't it show episode 16 to 20 instead of season 5 episodes? I find it strange because in the way it's set up now the main screen is useless if a large number of episodes are left to watch as it will start from the wrong end.

This functionality is very old and wasn't designed to work with the server so it has kind of been adapted.

The latest episodes are all retrieved in one batch - not according to series - so it gets the latest ones added in the entire system.  The ones showing are more recent than the ones you haven't watched.

If you haven't already - I would suggest checking out Emby Theater as a much more modern alternative.

Icepick

The weird thing is that around a year ago it was placing them in the reverse order? I don't know what has changed?

Scootertrash65

Using a keyboard, I hihjlight the category, then press Enter bringing up a proper cover flow.

I was having problems, until today, seeing all of my movies. Pressing Enter instead of using the Up Arrow solved my problem.

Larry

Yes it sounds like you were on the home screen which is only intended to show a few of your most recently added titles. You have to actually click into the library to see them all. Thanks.