Request function & Editable News Section

Soki

Good morning fellow Emby supporters

some more features I'd love to have:

A request function, where f.e. my kids can enter something like "want this or that anime movie",

maybe with some kind of form including dropdowns for series,movies,etc and an edit field.

a news section where an admin can enter infos of any kind.

idealy with formatable text ( bold, colored, etc ).

Would be nice for throwing news to the family like expected downtimes for updates or whatever

regards

Soki

• Like 2

Untoten

Check out ombi for emby

Yeah my only gripe which is keeping me from using this is the fact that, due to Emby not supporting header auth, the users have to log in multiple times to each service.  I am waiting for SSO to use this.

EDIT: My mistake, I was thinking of Organizr.  Does Ombi allow custom news stories?

Edited by Untoten

Spaceboy

Yeah my only gripe which is keeping me from using this is the fact that, due to Emby not supporting header auth, the users have to log in multiple times to each service.  I am waiting for SSO to use this.

EDIT: My mistake, I was thinking of Organizr.  Does Ombi allow custom news stories?

i've only just reinstalled it but the main features seem to be:

• a request function linking up with sonarr, radarr, couch and headphones
  • problem reporting
  • a newsletter periodically to inform of new media

Untoten

That does not satisfy the second request, as newsletter requires you to manually populate emails, since emby (w/o connect) does not populate or allow an admin to populate the email field:

Spaceboy

That does not satisfy the second request, as newsletter requires you to manually populate emails, since emby (w/o connect) does not populate or allow an admin to populate the email field:

it does allow you to leave messages as well, like for downtime:

• A landing page that will give you the availability of your media server and also add custom notification text to inform your users of downtime.

Untoten

it does allow you to leave messages as well, like for downtime:

• A landing page that will give you the availability of your media server and also add custom notification text to inform your users of downtime.

Yes, on Ombi, which they only visit when making requests.  i would like something natively in Emby, because giving notice in the request system about another service being down is very disconnected.

Just had a look at Ombi. A nice project, agreed. But its way to big for what i was thinking about and having another login, another system, another page etc... naaah... thats not it.

A simple landing page integrated into emby, where you have one news section which can can freely edited by admin (f.e. downtimes, news, infos, uploads, whatever ) and a link to another emby integrated page where a user just has a dropdown (movie, series, whatever), a editable field for the media name and a button "enter"... which then enters into a requested list... that would be handy (and pretty important to, at least in my understanding).

As far as Ombi is not directly integrated into Emby, its not interesting to me.

Spaceboy

Yes, on Ombi, which they only visit when making requests.  i would like something natively in Emby, because giving notice in the request system about another service being down is very disconnected.

and i would like the moon on a stick. sometimes we have to make do with what is available

Spaceboy

and a link to another emby integrated page where a user just has a dropdown (movie, series, whatever), a editable field for the media name and a button "enter"... which then enters into a requested list... that would be handy (and pretty important to, at least in my understanding).

well i can fairly confidently tell you that this is never going to happen. its why Ombi (originally Plex requests) was conceptualised in the first place

Untoten

and i would like the moon on a stick. sometimes we have to make do with what is available

Or we could just make a feature request...

Untoten

well i can fairly confidently tell you that this is never going to happen. its why Ombi (originally Plex requests) was conceptualised in the first place

@@Luke, is it true this type of news system will never be implemented?  If so, that's unpreffered but fine, it would just help to know the viability of this request.

Maybe instead of going back and forth if its worh implementing and why it was seperated or whatever... maybe then just focusing on the topic of this thread and the possibly implemention of a small own page with basic features like editable news and requests? ... maybe ;):P

Spaceboy

@@Luke, is it true this type of news system will never be implemented?  If so, that's unpreffered but fine, it would just help to know the viability of this request.

i was referring to the requests bit. its got to be quite difficult for any software that wants to go mainstream to support anything that could be seen to be supporting the downloading of media. yes you could suggest the user is just requesting the server admin go and buy a blu-ray but have we even established that this is not breaching copyright?

you saw how they reacted to the request for a donation button, i just don't see it.

and @@Soki just fyi its not different sign-on for ombi, yes it is a different page and a different login but it does pull usernames and passwords from emby

• Like 1

CBers

An alpha/beta of OMBI V3 is due soon, so it may have better integration with Emby.

Spaceboy

Maybe instead of going back and forth if its worh implementing and why it was seperated or whatever... maybe then just focusing on the topic of this thread and the possibly implemention of a small own page with basic features like editable news and requests? ... maybe ;):P

well, when this remains outstanding in 6 months, 12 months, whatever, come back here and try Ombi. I am just trying to get you the functionality you want in the most timely way. if you prefer to sit and wait for this to reach the top of the priority list then feel free. ask @@Untoten how thats going with his AD/ LDAP /single sign-on request

• Like 2

@@Spaceboy ... ah ok didnt realize, thanks for this info

@@CBers ... if so, that could defnently be a nice option then.

cheers guys

EDIT: @@Spaceboy i didnt mean to not apreceating your help by metioning that i would prefer a smaller sollution ... i still like this tool ... but would still love a more integrated and smaller sollution... none the less... thank m8 ;)

Edited by Soki

Untoten

i was referring to the requests bit. its got to be quite difficult for any software that wants to go mainstream to support anything that could be seen to be supporting the downloading of media. yes you could suggest the user is just requesting the server admin go and buy a blu-ray but have we even established that this is not breaching copyright?

you saw how they reacted to the request for a donation button, i just don't see it.

and @@Soki just fyi its not different sign-on for ombi, yes it is a different page and a different login but it does pull usernames and passwords from emby

My mistake, I just support the idea of a custom news feed, perhaps an RSS option.

• 2 years later...