Chromecast remote timeout

rinn2883

rinn2883

Hi

After about 30 mins the remote for the chromecast in google chrome or the android app doesn't work anymore.

The remote itself is not stuck it still lets me select subs and push the buttons etc, just no response on the chromecast.

When i click the casting icon and select disconnect, the icon changes but playback still continues. When i refresh the page the icon changes to casting again.

Pulling down the menu of my phone and clicking "Stop casting" also does nothing. The casting icon is removed from the menu but playback still continues.

Currently the only way to stop the playback is by starting to cast another app.

Then i need to remove the state of my browser so the icon is no longer green (= casting) else it won't let me start casting again.

I looked on the forum but so far i don't think this is a reported issue. Anybody else having this problem?

rinn2883

Let me now if you are able to reproduce the problem.

Im using a chromecast 2 and a nexus 5x.

Anything else i can do? More information you need or specific log files?

• 2 weeks later...
rinn2883

Sorry for the late response i was out of town for work.
I changed from ubuntu server to windows 10 on my home server yesterday cause ubuntu didnt want to boot anymore.

I will see if i still have the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
rinn2883

You can close this. No longer have the issue when using the app. If i use the browser from my phone to cast then i found that it still gets a timeout.