Recordings don't play

neptunepic

maegibbons

Some of my recordings will not play back.

This only happens with some recordings but it seems random.

When I look at the details of a 60 minute recording that won't play back, the server shows the file is over 1500 minutes long and the bitrate is super low. But the file size is correct.

Seems like some kind of encoding issue.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Hi

I have also see this every so often when recording IPTV streams.  I have never seen it with HDHomeRun recordings.  What is your tuner source?

I would estimate that it is 1 in 20 recordings.  For me, since it is IPTV, I have just put it down to bad stream or internet connection issues at the time.

If your source is different then it will be interesting to see if it is a related problem.

Krs

Mark

neptunepic

I have hdhomerun prime and have no issues recording the same programs using wmc. So it's not an issue of bad signal etc.

neptunepic

@@Luke, any ideas? I've noticed this seems to happen most often with CNBC shows. Doesn't happen with any other networks except very rarely with TNT. Really weird but true.

neptunepic

Hi again, haven't heard back so wondering if anyone has any ideas about the cause of this issue?

neptunepic

Ok, no responses or new ideas so I found my own workaround.

Basically any program that consistently does not transcode properly I've shifted to using WMC to record, then MCEbuddy to extract the metadata and drop into my Emby library. This is all automated.

WMC's DVR back-end is rock solid and, unfortunately, Emby's is not.

• 4 months later...
neptunepic

Hi all, I believe the folks at Plex have solved this issue with their latest release, wondering if this will be fixed for Emby?

(DVR) An issue where poor-quality signal could cause recordings to "stick", reporting as 100% complete (#7606)

SHSPVR

And here's a screenshot showing that even VLC is reading the file as having a duration of 25hrs 57mins 51secs.

I seem stuff like happing I kind wonder if you just getting bad mux rec file if I recall right it cause by the time stamp index

Download XMedia Recode, drag and drop the bad file in to it chose your format if it mp4 or if it is ts = m2ts, then under video change mode from convert to copy do the same with audio the encode it should only few min rename the old file and copy this new file in place see what happen.

Since this thread hasn't moved since July, a lot of changes have occurred since then. I think we need to take a fresh look at whatever issue you're having using the latest release of Emby Server.

Can you please discuss an example and attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue? thanks !