Recordings don't play

neptunepic

neptunepic

Some of my recordings will not play back.

This only happens with some recordings but it seems random.

When I look at the details of a 60 minute recording that won't play back, the server shows the file is over 1500 minutes long and the bitrate is super low. But the file size is correct.

Seems like some kind of encoding issue.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

the ffmpeg log appears to be the log from the recording process, not playback, right?  can you please provide the one from the time of playback? thanks !

Can you try turning off quicksync and see if that makes a difference? thanks.

Try unchecking the recording option to preserve original video, so that it will convert to h264 during the recording process. thanks.

No luck. Recording still doesn't play back, except now instead of showing as over 1500min long, the file is too short.

Logs attached.

@@neptunepic the log you provided here is either live tv or in progress recording. based on my previous suggestion, what happens when you try to play a recording that has completed? thanks.

neptunepic

@@Luke, ok to make sure everything is what you need, I cleared all the logs and started a new Emby session trying to ply back one of the files that is being reported with super low bitrate and super long length. I've also attached screenshots so you can see what the app is showing about the file I'm trying to play.

To confirm, this is trying to play back a recorded file, not live tv or in progress recording.

Please let me know if any of this provides any insight.

emby logs 25-jul-17.zip

ios app screen shots.zip

i notice you've also customized ffmpeg. can you delete your ffmpeg folder, restart the server and just use the server default? thanks.

neptunepic

Hmm, I haven't customized FFMPEG, but I am using Zeranoe's latest static build.

What is the current FFMPEG server default version?

Just delete your ffmpeg folder, restart emby server, and it will take care of it. thanks.

neptunepic

Ok done. Do you have any other info or do I need to do this whole experiment again with this older version of FFMPEG?

I'd probably prefer to start over with the same version of ffmpeg that we're testing with. thanks.

neptunepic

Ok here are new logs using the system ffmpeg version.

Note that this file would not play at all on the roku app.

On the iOS app, I jumped ahead in 5 minute increments until the file would no longer play (around 40mins into the file)

Emby reports the length of this file is over 25 hours long!!!!!!!!!!!

ffmpeg-transcode-9ee5a2bc-36e1-4288-8719-b5ac4f8cc81f.zip

neptunepic

And here's a screenshot showing that even VLC is reading the file as having a duration of 25hrs 57mins 51secs.

post-144008-0-22692400-1501036065_thumb.jpg

Edited by neptunepic