Cinema Mode for Episode Playlists

imatroublemaker

imatroublemaker

Hey!

I am new to the Emby family but I am loving what I am seeing so far! Anyway, I was messing around with Cinema mode and saw that it had custom intro functionality which I thought was really cool. However, it will only play that intro in front of the first episode on a playlist, when actually I want it before EVERY episode on the playlist.

You may be asking, why I'd want that, and the main reason is I am using the custom intro functionality to insert classic commercial blocks in front of my content. If I were able to do this with playlists, I could make PsuedoTV Live style of playlists that have commercial blocks in between the episodes.

This would mainly be for use with the Web app and would be on a profile separate from my other one, as I would not want commercials in front of all my on demand content.

Thanks!

PenkethBoy

could you "just" add the commercials to the playlist in between the episodes?

imatroublemaker

could you "just" add the commercials to the playlist in between the episodes?

Not really if I wanted to keep it random. We are talking playlists of 2000+ eps that shuffle, so there is no way to ensure a commercial is between each episode. I could just drag all the commercial blocks in the playlist and hit shuffle but that isn't going to distribute properly.

imatroublemaker

Right now that is probably the only one that will do it

Hmph, thats a shame! I assume Emby is doing a restriction specifically to stop the intro from playing more than one on a playlist, so I wonder if at some point if you could decide whether you wanted it before every episode or not.

Also, is there any particular reason episodes get skipped on shuffle? like if i finish one episode, some times ill see the backdrop of 3 or 4 shows in a row that never play before landing on one.

It's just never come up before, I don't recall it being requested until now. As far as shuffle goes, I will do some testing, thanks.