Keep "Next Up" after deleting previous episode

Kiina

Kiina

This is a thing that always kinda bothered me. I tend to delete episodes after I watch them if they are huge in filesize to make space for new things. But doing that also removes the show from the "Next Up" section on the start page. I installed plex a few days ago just to look if it can handle nfo metadata the way I liked (it can't) and noticed that after I set up trakt I got shows "on deck" which where even pulled from trakt as not completed. Which is amazing and would be a great feature to emby too. But even just keeping a show in "Next Up" after deleting the last watched episode would be a great improvement. 

So here the current behaviour

- Watch Episode 1

- You will see Episode 2 in the Next Up section

- Delete Episode 1

- Episode 2 will be gone

You would have to enable importing of missing episodes in library setup for that library. and then you have to enable display of missing and unaired episodes for that emby user in emby user settings. 

However it comes with a cost which is mentioned in library setup, and enabling it for the user will cause them to be displayed everywhere, not just next up.

You would have to enable importing of missing episodes in library setup for that library. and then you have to enable display of missing and unaired episodes for that emby user in emby user settings. 

However it comes with a cost which is mentioned in library setup, and enabling it for the user will cause them to be displayed everywhere, not just next up.

Just enabled it. Not my Next Up is showing as I expect it to work, but the missing episodes are not showing anywhere else. Maybe because I get nearly all metadata from .nfos. But yeah now scan takes about 45 minutes instead of 20 minutes. So not the best workaround. So it would still be a great feature to have this without enabling display of missing episodes.