Question about my remote access setting

JrD
Go to solution Solved by Ice,

Hey i can connect to my server by the web app or even by emby connect

i can click the links and it opens fine and even on kodi but just not on the web app

every time i try to get in by the web app i get this 

post-213354-0-97492100-1499567498_thumb.jpg

I have tried checking my port fowarding but its all fine it worked before it looks like this

post-213354-0-54452000-1499568949_thumb.jpg

here is the dashboard

post-213354-0-50220500-1499569012_thumb.jpg

Karlsson

Me neither. But I can connect using the local address and port. And the android app "work". I say "work" because there are backdrop images as icons all over the place... Thanks Emby Team... what a nice "feature"...

Hey i can connect to my server by the web app or even by emby connect

i can click the links and it opens fine and even on kodi but just not on the web app

every time i try to get in by the web app i get this 

attachicon.gifconnection error.JPG

I have tried checking my port fowarding but its all fine it worked before it looks like this

attachicon.gifAt&t port fowarding.JPG

here is the dashboard

attachicon.gifemby eroor dashboard.JPG

Hi there @@JrD, I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know exactly what succeeds and what fails. Thanks !

Me neither. But I can connect using the local address and port. And the android app "work". I say "work" because there are backdrop images as icons all over the place... Thanks Emby Team... what a nice "feature"...

Hi there @@Karlsson, I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know exactly what succeeds and what fails. Thanks !

Karlsson

Hi there @@Karlsson, I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know exactly what succeeds and what fails. Thanks !

Now why would I do that? Everything worked fine before, I didn't change anything - you did. Just fix whatever you screwed up.

Thanks

Karlsson

Great now nothing work..

Hi @@Karlsson, we did not change anything. We would like to team up with you to help you investigate this. Thanks !

Sure... is that why backdrops suddenly started to show up instead of folders a few days ago...? Btw now nothing work except localhost...

• 1 year later...
ShadowKindjal

I apologize for responding to an old thread but I seem to have the same exact issue. I have gone through the Connection Troubleshooter guide and the only time I am unable to connect to my server is when I'm using Emby connect and only when using the web app

I tried using the web app to login to my server but I keep getting the following error message

We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again.

However, my server is up and running and works when I use the domain I have assigned to it in my dashboard. 

Edited by nharmon

Well yes, if you're using https, then the problem could be certificate related. Once we rule out connectivity, then my next set of questions would head in that direction.

ShadowKindjal

Yes, my console displays the correct server address in the dashboard and I was able to connect to that address just fine over HTTP.

My issue is actually resolved now. There seemed to be an issue with the lastest beta build I was running (3.6.0.2). Going back to the current stable build (3.5.0.0) is what ended up resolving the issue. That was the only thing I changed. I also had issues inviting emby connect accounts to my server while I was on 3.6.0.2

Edited by nharmon

That sounds coincidental because given that we just had a stable release, the beta build is nearly identical at this point.

ShadowKindjal

Well I haven't made any changes to my server as of yet and it seems that the web app is not working again. This is the same installation that was working yesterday as of my last post.

Make sure the server dashboard shows the correct local and remote addresses.

ShadowKindjal

Sorry, I don't know what happened with the last response but no, this is the same server I've been using for about a year now besides the updates I've been installing. Just last night I made the switch to HTTPS and for some reason I could only connect to my server via HTTP. IT wasn't until I performed a restart did HTTPS start working and the web app as well. When I originally stated I was having issues with the web app I was strictly running my server over HTTP and having issues.