'On Now' images cropped

d00zah

d00zah

Currently using Ceton Eth6 / ServerWMC / WMC, Schedules Direct / EPG123 for guide data.

Server version: 3.2.23.0 (3.2.22.0 looked the same)

As I continue to poke around the 'Live TV' section, I'm seeing the following cropped images in the 'On Now' section:

post-10374-0-09599700-1499519636_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-05898200-1499519651_thumb.jpg

Movies look OK:

post-10374-0-75661900-1499519739_thumb.jpg

Has this changed recently? Is it intentional? Due to the WMC/SWMC vs 'native' setup?

Had to ask, as it doesn't look as impressive as other sections of the UI (IMO).

Note: Screens are from WebUI in Firefox, but Theater (only other client I have have that does TV) looks the same.

garyan2

Yah, new look kinda hurts those of us using ServerWMC. I'd really like to see an option for this but can appreciate the reluctance as well.

d00zah

Is THAT the issue? I see 1:1.5 'poster' images for movies & 4:3 images for TV. Are you saying SD delivers uniform images when not using ServerWMC? I'm afraid with the Ceton tuner, I'm SOL for trying the native LiveTV.

blade005

Is THAT the issue? I see 1:1.5 'poster' images for movies & 4:3 images for TV. Are you saying SD delivers uniform images when not using ServerWMC? I'm afraid with the Ceton tuner, I'm SOL for trying the native LiveTV.

I am using Native Live TV, but do not use Schedules Direct for EPG data. I use Zap2XML, which generates my EPG data. It seems with my setup that most TV Series are landscape images in the EPG and Movies are portrait images. With the new portrait orientation for all Live TV images, I am left with a lot of cropped images showing up in ON NOW and ACTIVE RECORDINGS section that are unappealing to the eye and in some cases not all that useful in identifying the actual TV show. But, previously movie images were the ones that were cropped. I guess there are more TV series landscape images in my EPG data than Movie portrait images, so the odd cropped images were less noticeable when the orientation was landscape for Live TV images.

I guess we may have to live with the fact that a one size (i.e. Orientation) approach will not fit all, unless you have an EPG provider that exclusively delivers portrait images for both TV Series and Movies.

d00zah

It's a shame the images couldn't be displayed with a uniform height, while honoring the original aspect ratio. Seems like that would satisfy both native/non-native users. A strip of images of varied widths wouldn't bother me near as much as the cropped stuff does(YOMV... Your OCD May Vary). Seems moot, as there doesn't seem to be much opinion either way.

DGMayor

Does this only work for SchedulesDirect or am I missing an option.  I use XMLTV and I've never had images for my live TV stuff.

blade005

Does this only work for SchedulesDirect or am I missing an option.  I use XMLTV and I've never had images for my live TV stuff.

@@DGMayor

The new orientation to Portrait for LIVE TV images only seems to be supported by Schedules Direct.  I use Zap2XML to create my XMLTV guide and I have images for Live TV, but they are in landscape orientation. So, the move to Portrait as a default has me left with cropped images for LIVE TV. (See pic below.)

FYI. I did have to include a remark in my Zap2XML bat file to include program images.

• -I = include program icons (image URLs) - 1 extra http request per program!

59679906b1350_EmbyPortrait2.jpg

DGMayor

@@DGMayor

The new orientation to Portrait for LIVE TV images only seems to be supported by Schedules Direct.  I use Zap2XML to create my XMLTV guide and I have images for Live TV, but they are in landscape orientation. So, the move to Portrait as a default has me left with cropped images for LIVE TV. (See pic below.)

FYI. I did have to include a remark in my Zap2XML bat file to include program images.

• -I = include program icons (image URLs) - 1 extra http request per program!

59679906b1350_EmbyPortrait2.jpg

I see NO images.  Never have.  I see the solid blues/reds/oranges/greens.  That's it.

blade005

@@DGMayor

What service are you using to create XMLTV guide data? You may have to research and find out if there is an option to include icons/images for Programs during your download of guide data for the XMLTV file creation.

I use Zap2XML and had to include a remark in my batch file to include program images. My initial run did not include this remark and I had the same issue of no program images.

DGMayor

@@DGMayor

What service are you using to create XMLTV guide data? You may have to research and find out if there is an option to include icons/images for Programs during your download of guide data for the XMLTV file creation.

I use Zap2XML and had to include a remark in my batch file to include program images. My initial run did not include this remark and I had the same issue of no program images.

Also using zap2xml.  I'll look into the switch in the batch, thanks!

added the switch and re-ran, all good.  Appreciate the info.  I admit that LiveTV through Emby isn't something I really use, but I like having it set up and the option there, so I wasn't really paying as close attention to all of this as I probably should have!

Edited by DGMayor
  • Like 1

arrbee99

The images I get, via NextPVR and OTA, are all (I think) portrait, so I'm obviously happy it changed.

Perhaps the best way to keep most people happy would be a simple portrait / landscape switch ? Wouldn't work if you have a mixture, but if you don't you're fine and for a mixture just pick whichever has the majority.