unable to connect to nextPVR

jaquestati

jaquestati

i'm unable to connect for some reason....
thought it was maybe a port issue...but even logged onto the remote server i can't connect.

is there some step i missed after installing the nextpvr plugin?

yes i'v restarted emby a few times.....

Hi, can you please describe what "unable to connect' means? Why do you think you're unable to connect? Have you checked that the Next PVR software is running?

Best thing to do is please provide the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

jaquestati

Hi, can you please describe what "unable to connect' means? Why do you think you're unable to connect? Have you checked that the Next PVR software is running?

Best thing to do is please provide the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

how exactly do you verify nextpvr is running?

it's listed under tv/installed services...

(my server is on ubuntu 16.04)

It sounds like you don't even have the next pvr software. This is a separate application from a third party. Emby communicates with next pvr to receive live tv from next pvr. 

You can learn more on our Live TV wiki, also available in the Emby Server dashboard by clicking "Help" on the Live TV screens:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live-TV-Plugins

jaquestati

It sounds like you don't even have the next pvr software. This is a separate application from a third party. Emby communicates with next pvr to receive live tv from next pvr. 

You can learn more on our Live TV wiki, also available in the Emby Server dashboard by clicking "Help" on the Live TV screens:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live-TV-Plugins

thanks... yes you are correct sir : )

apparently i'm an idiot.

third party app won't work for me alas...

trying to find some plugin that doesn't need an outside app... or if it has to... that can run on my ubuntu server : (

any suggestions?

the issue for me is the built in emby epg barely works... takes forever... like 20 seconds to scroll down a page

i'm guessing it has to do with the massive amount of channels on my iptv m3u/and epg....

is there a way i am missing... to just have the epg show favorite or certain channels?