Anyway to edit and remove channels (hdhr3-us)?

ShotToTheDome

ShotToTheDome

Is there anyway to edit the channels Emby pulls in from an hdhomerun (Specifically the much older hdhr3)? I'm using two hdhr3's that I have no ability to remove channels from after a channel scan. They don't have a web interface to favorite/disable things. I've got two duplicate channels and a bunch of home shopping/weather/religious channels I'd like to remove completely. I don't see an easy way to remove them so is there a file or database I can manually go into and hand edit them out? Lineup is provided by schedules direct and I'm using ATSC tuners

Edited by ShotToTheDome

Hi, not currently, but more robust channel management is planned for a future update. thanks !

blade005

Is there anyway to edit the channels Emby pulls in from an hdhomerun (Specifically the much older hdhr3)? I'm using two hdhr3's that I have no ability to remove channels from after a channel scan. They don't have a web interface to favorite/disable things. I've got two duplicate channels and a bunch of home shopping/weather/religious channels I'd like to remove completely. I don't see an easy way to remove them so is there a file or database I can manually go into and hand edit them out? Lineup is provided by schedules direct and I'm using ATSC tuners

@@ShotToTheDome

I have one older HDHR3 in my setup that was giving me the same issue. Below is my 'fix' for excluding these channels until there is a more robust channel management solution provided by Emby.

CHANNEL EXCLUDE SOLUTION for Older HDHomerun Device:

I added a TAG in the EDIT INFO - EXTERNAL ID section of the channels that I wanted excluded. I chose the tag Channel_EXCLUDE. I use OTA channels, so the task was not a daunting one as far as the number of channels I had to edit. Once all the channels I wanted had this tag applied, I then went into the Dashboard under USER - User Name - PARENTAL CONTROL - Block Content with Tags and ADDED the tag Channel_EXCLUDE and SAVE. Run a REFRESH GUIDE task and these channels should now be excluded from your Guide.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I found a way to do this - at least as of the beta version I'm running (4.0.0.1) when setting up my tuner I was able to select the checkbox "Restrict to channels marked as favorite" when adding/editing my tuner on the Live TV setup screen. I'm using a WinTV DCR-2650 which is compatible with the HD Homerun. Other devices this might not work for. To edit your favorite channels, you actually go to your tuner's built in web server on the tuner itself (not Emby). You can look up your tuner's IP address in a command prompt window using "ipconfig". At least on mine, the IP it lists there was not the IP you need to visit in a browser to edit your favorites or the IP you need to enter in Emby, it was one more. So for example ipconfig showed 192.168.202.34 for the tuner's IP, but I actually had to go to http://192.168.202.33 to edit my favorites list. For different tuner's it might not be a web interface, but rather a utility the manufacturer lets you download so you may need to do some research on how to edit your tuner favorites.

All you need to do once your tuner favorites are setup is a guide data refresh and the rest should automatically update the channels showing up in suggestions and on the guide. Hope it helps someone!

I found a way to do this - at least as of the beta version I'm running (4.0.0.1) when setting up my tuner I was able to select the checkbox "Restrict to channels marked as favorite" when adding/editing my tuner on the Live TV setup screen. I'm using a WinTV DCR-2650 which is compatible with the HD Homerun. Other devices this might not work for. To edit your favorite channels, you actually go to your tuner's built in web server on the tuner itself (not Emby). You can look up your tuner's IP address in a command prompt window using "ipconfig". At least on mine, the IP it lists there was not the IP you need to visit in a browser to edit your favorites or the IP you need to enter in Emby, it was one more. So for example ipconfig showed 192.168.202.34 for the tuner's IP, but I actually had to go to http://192.168.202.33 to edit my favorites list. For different tuner's it might not be a web interface, but rather a utility the manufacturer lets you download so you may need to do some research on how to edit your tuner favorites.

All you need to do once your tuner favorites are setup is a guide data refresh and the rest should automatically update the channels showing up in suggestions and on the guide. Hope it helps someone!

Unfortunately, this won't work for the op as he has an older HDHomeRun that doesn't support favorites or the web app.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Waiting on this too. Unfortunately the HDHR scan doesn’t pick up several channels I used to view through Windows MCE just fine so I can’t view them in Emby.

Edited by plutoz
  • Like 1