Metadata Savers Option

bling26
Go to solution Solved by blade005,

bling26

Emby no longer reads metadata from a xml file? Only nfo files can be used now? This has changed sometime in the last month I think. If you go to Server Manager > Library > Metadata and locate Metadata Savers option, only nfo is available now? This is no good, where did the xml option go? The main reason I choose to go with xml is Media Center Master creates the metadata in xml. I like that because I can manipulate the synopsis for example:

"Former cop Brian O'Conner is called upon to bust a dangerous criminal and he recruits the help of a former Miami street racer who has a chance to redeem himself.

Parental Rating Summary:
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Sex & Nudity: 12
Violence & Gore: 25
Profanity: 1 mouthed and 1 muffled F-word, 2 obscene hand gestures, 3 sexual terms, 38 scatological terms, 24 anatomical terms, 30 mild obscenities, 1 religious profanity, 1 religious exclamation
Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking: 1
Frightening/Intense Scenes: 2"

as opposed to the overlong:

"Florida street racer Tej (Ludacris) is looking for a driver and calls Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) to a race. Brian is an ex-cop who has the hottest car now. He races against Suki (Devon Aoki), Orange Julius (Amaury Nolasco) and Slap Jack (Michael Ealy) and wins. The police arrive and give chase, capturing Brian. Agent Markham (James Remar) and... ON AND ON AND ON FILLING UP MY SCREEN"

Can this be fixed or put back the way it used to be please? Please allow xml metadata files to be read or allow us to choose the type of synopsis is displayed.

post-13718-0-69317000-1499186404_thumb.png

post-13718-0-30306300-1499186410_thumb.png

• Solution
blade005

@@bling26

As paulsalter indicated, the ability to read XML metadata is now available as a plugin only and removed from the main emby server.

You can add back this capability by installing the emby XML plugin available in the Plugin Catalog under METADATA section.

Plugins - Metadata Section

595bdd787c261_PluginsMetadataembyXML.jpg

XML Metadata - Plugin

595bdd96cfaf6_embyXMLMetadataPlugin.jpg

Edited by blade005
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

@@bling26

As paulsalter indicated, the ability to read and save XML metadata is now available as a plugin only and removed from the main emby server.

You can add back this capability by installing the emby XML plugin available in the Plugin Catalog under METADATA section.

Sorry the xml plugin will only read existing xml files, Emby will not update or save anything to xml format.

If a community member would like to take ownership of the plugin, then xml saving could come back.

bling26

I installed it and it worked great, everything is back to normal now I think so thank you. While I have your attention, I have 2 more questions that probably do not belong here but here goes:

1.  After I installed the app and all of my metadata came back, my cast pictures did not. They cast shows up without the pictures but if you click on the cast name to view, everything shows up including the picture. Then when you go back, the picture is now there? I have provided before and after pics of this.

post-13718-0-64857900-1499222128_thumb.png

post-13718-0-39642600-1499222143_thumb.png

2.  I think this has been an ongoing request but within the Emby Classic for Media Center, has there ever been a scrolling feature for the synopsis portion of the screen. I have provided a picture of this as well. What is really weird, I swear I have seen it auto scroll a few times but I might have been drunk lol. Anyway, Media Browser 2 allowed a scroll and I think it would be fantastic if it would do it here too.

post-13718-0-08788200-1499222174_thumb.png

Thanks for listening all, I hope you all have a great 4th, whats left of it :)

there is a refresh people scheduled task that you'll want to make sure is allowed to run. For EMC, please open a topic in the EMC section. Thanks !

bling26

there is a refresh people scheduled task that you'll want to make sure is allowed to run. For EMC, please open a topic in the EMC section. Thanks !

Thank you

blade005

I installed it and it worked great, everything is back to normal now I think so thank you. While I have your attention, I have 2 more questions that probably do not belong here but here goes:

1.  After I installed the app and all of my metadata came back, my cast pictures did not. They cast shows up without the pictures but if you click on the cast name to view, everything shows up including the picture. Then when you go back, the picture is now there? I have provided before and after pics of this.

attachicon.gifNo Pic.PNG

attachicon.gifYes Pic.PNG

2.  I think this has been an ongoing request but within the Emby Classic for Media Center, has there ever been a scrolling feature for the synopsis portion of the screen. I have provided a picture of this as well. What is really weird, I swear I have seen it auto scroll a few times but I might have been drunk lol. Anyway, Media Browser 2 allowed a scroll and I think it would be fantastic if it would do it here too.

attachicon.gifscroll.PNG

Thanks for listening all, I hope you all have a great 4th, whats left of it :)

@@bling26

There is an option in Emby WMC to enable AUTO SCROLL of overview information.

Look for selection under CONFIGURATION - THEME OPTIONS - VIEWS and you should see selection to enable AUTO SCROLL. (See pic.)

595ce335b2f40_EmbyWMCAutoScroll.jpg

bling26

@@bling26

There is an option in Emby WMC to enable AUTO SCROLL of overview information.

Look for selection under CONFIGURATION - THEME OPTIONS - VIEWS and you should see selection to enable AUTO SCROLL. (See pic.)

595ce335b2f40_EmbyWMCAutoScroll.jpg

Yeah, that is checked on mine as well but it still does not scroll. I am using the standard Chocolate theme as well as you are. Yours scrolls on the screen I posted?

Yeah, that is checked on mine as well but it still does not scroll. I am using the standard Chocolate theme as well as you are. Yours scrolls on the screen I posted?

Please see my response in the other thread you started.

bling26

Please see my response in the other thread you started.

Yeah sorry about that. I will do that, this thread can be closed as it has been answered in full. Thank you everyone.